Yamaha Caliper Types/ Gsxr Disc Diameters

davosaurusrex

After Donno last week I'm set on getting some radial Yam calipers for my GSXR. There's all sorts of crap on the web about differences between blue/gold/silver spots relating to piston material, radial/non-radial etc, can anyone confirm the difference? Seems to be a question tailor made for Nige....

Also TriGGer was saying that you need 320mm discs for the Yam radials, I believe the K1/K2 came with 320mms as standard, anyone know if they're a straight swap? Ta.

Can't answer these questions specifically but I will probably have a spare set of calipers off a late model r6 in the not too distant future. More details as and when I get them and assess their condition etc.

Forgot to say, they're the silver spot ones, off an 07, prob after about £130 posted but price dependant on condition etc. Make me an offer when they're here.

mate of mine had a k5 750 he used 320mm disc from a hyabusa/srad with gold spot r1 calipers but you have to get a small spacer as well.

i think the gold spot and silver spot calipers are made from slightly different metal?

Depends what GSXR you have..............I've fitted a set of four pot radials from a 2006 > R6 / 2004>2006 R1 to my K6 750 - just needed 2.5mm spacers to work with the standard 310mm discs. I also use a K1>K4 Thou front wheel with 320mm discs on the same bike with 7.5mm spacers.

As far as I'm aware the gold and silver spot radials are the same and you only get blue spots in the older non-radial calipers.

Indeedy, on K3/4 1000's, with 320mm discs from a K1/2 (straight swap) you need 5mm caliper spacers for Yam Goldspots. icon_salut.gif

Mine's a K4 so I'll need the 320mm discs, anyone know if those off the SRAD, Busa and K1/K2 thou are all the same? And do I need 5mm or 7.5mm spacers?

Mine's a K4 so I'll need the 320mm discs, anyone know if those off the SRAD, Busa and K1/K2 thou are all the same? And do I need 5mm or 7.5mm spacers?

I think you'll find the gentleman above has answered all your questions :eusa_whistle:

Found a full set of Galfer waveys, 6mm thick, £110 delivered, these sound like a good deal?

So long as they're straight it's not a bad price , Just looked on the Yam parts catalogue , the 06 R1 red and blue colours used goldspots but the black one uses silverspots , would appear to be purely cosmetic

Cracking, cheers Nige. Good news as I put a cheeky offer of £100 on a set of silver spots with nearly new pads on ebay last night and he accepted it! (Sorry levo)

Cracking, cheers Nige. Good news as I put a cheeky offer of £100 on a set of silver spots with nearly new pads on ebay last night and he accepted it! (Sorry levo)

Got a as new set with new pads for £60 the other day (which have since been fitted the the ZX9R)

DryFitmenttoforksaligementcheck.jpg

Got a as new set with new pads for £60 the other day (which have since been fitted the the ZX9R)

DryFitmenttoforksaligementcheck.jpg

Ross my old chum, be a love and fuck right off would you? Thanks. <_<

Archived