Optimate etc etc

Hendo

Im off travelling for a minimum of 6 months in March. As the bike has an alarm/immobiliser I'm going to need something that will keep the battery and alarm ok.

Main thing is I need it to be safe for permenant connection the whole time I'm away, don't want to be coming back to a charred, smouldring mess where my bike once was.

Which ones can you recommend?

It may also help to I mention that I'm putting a brand new battery on it before I go as the one thats on it is shagged (anyone ever tried bumping a big single by yourself!? :icon_puke_r: )

Cheers,

Andy

I'd buy a big chain and ground anchor now and a new battery when you return, the alarm and immobiliser will do nothing if the thief wants ya bike.

...as it'll be wired to the mains the battery can be shagged anyway. As long as it's an intelligent charger you can't go far wrong. I have an optimate and had no probs.

I'm away all bar about 60 days a year, my ZX6 has a permanent connection to an Optimate 4, just for belt and braces the optimate is plugged into an RCD plug. No problems so far, and the bike starts first time everytime now.

Another thing I do is use Silkolene Pro-FST in my last tank before laying up and run the carbs dry, when I return, fuel tap on and everythings hunky and dory. :eusa_dance:

I'd buy a big chain and ground anchor now and a new battery when you return, the alarm and immobiliser will do nothing if the thief wants ya bike.

I happen to be (un?)lucky enough to live in policeman city, the main depot is 200yards down the road and I know of at least the 3 coppers in my culde-sac and I don't know how many more on the whole estate. Crime isn't a problem around here and my car, house and garage are never ever locked, even when I go out. Bliss!

I looked at the optimate 4, and I suppose that would be the one to go for, but at nearly £50 it seems a bit dear. Anyone got an optimate 3? They seem a bit cheaper.

Cheers,

Andy

I happen to be (un?)lucky enough to live in policeman city, the main depot is 200yards down the road and I know of at least the 3 coppers in my culde-sac and I don't know how many more on the whole estate. Crime isn't a problem around here and my car, house and garage are never ever locked, even when I go out. Bliss!

I looked at the optimate 4, and I suppose that would be the one to go for, but at nearly £50 it seems a bit dear. Anyone got an optimate 3? They seem a bit cheaper.

Cheers,

Andy

If you don't have a subscription, take one out and this month you'll get a free Ctek battery manager - one of the best on the market.

:thumbsup:

BW

If you don't have a subscription, take one out and this month you'll get a free Ctek battery manager - one of the best on the market.

:thumbsup:

BW

with the added bonus of 6 months worth of mags to come back to :eusa_whistle:

could have got a free one with a PB subs this month

But then I'd have a minimum of 6 useless mags that I won't be able to read, at worst I will have 2 years worth (if I choose not to come back).

Thinking of the environment n that!

But then I'd have a minimum of 6 useless mags that I won't be able to read, at worst I will have 2 years worth (if I choose not to come back).

Thinking of the environment n that!

subs page allows you to delay the start until the upto the Aug Iss

Archived