Front Wheel Choice-strong Enough?

ssray

In my mates kettle http://pbmagforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31478 he has fitted a 125 wheel on quite a heavy bike, would the same wheel be ok on my gpz900r? the usual swap is another kwaka wheel but that aprilla wheel looks really trick and should be really light.

am i barking up the wrong tree?

Would stick astralites on it if the budget was bigger.

Cheers

Ray

The reason for the swap would be to allow modern rubber and better brakes, not too bothered with a matching rear

Isn't the 125 wheel a tidder though and is only really suited to a 110 section tyre or there will be certain deathc if you put a 120 on there, hence leaving you with a fairly shitty choice of rubber?

Yes it'll be fine. The aprilia wheel is actually quite heavy though.

One thing to look out for is that it only has the mounts for one disc on it, it has the castings on the other side but you'd need to get the wheel machined and threads tapped into it for a second disc.

cool thanks, must be lighter than what i have at the moment?

so in theory any 17 inch wheel would fit? which would allow a late r1/6 or gsxr which i believe are quite light

Ray

Late rs125 wheels as shown in the photos in the other thread are indeed 3.5in width and twin disk, they'll be fine. thumbsup.gif

Archived