Lets Get The 2 Strokes Racing!

biker jay

Thought some of you might be interested in the golden era 2-strokes class that club thundersport are running next year.

I'm going to be challenging my RD in it and should be great fun.

The machines eligible are

All 2-stroke racing solo machines built before 1st January 1989.

All 2-stroke production based solo machines built before 1st January 1998.

Plus, up to 375cc 2-stroke solo racing machines built before 1st January 1992.

Plus, up to 126cc 2-stroke solo racing machines built before 1st January 2005.

TT Formula 2 solos from in period are eligible.

“Specials” from in period accepted on a case by case specific basis.

Full details

http://www.motoforum.net/index.php?showtopic=61009

If anyone is interested in doing this series, give Dave Stewart a call at Thundersport GB, 01455 842600

At the moment, interest numbers are down so for the class to go ahead Dave needs to know numbers of proposed riders.

Jay.

i have already spoken to Dave about my tz250a/350lc formula 2 hybrid, which he says should be eligible. Whether i get it readyin time is a different matter...

you got any pics of your RD?

This should be a cool class if it can get the numbers, Dad is out in it next year on his home made RG500 F1 Padgets replica. I have been riding it this this year in CRMC until I decided to stop cos I didnt agree with the rules they had (period competition not allowed, no warmers, no wets...not fun on an RG !).

This ThundersportGB two stroke series is the ideal stomping ground for Dads RG 'cos its such an ace bike to race, on slicks it should be absolutely fantastic.

I am actually out in the Golden Era Superbike class for next year on an 860cc Ducati F1...which we are just making, frame finished, vertical Pantah head to be modifie and swingarm next !! Should be fun.

jdweb1cbu4796.jpg

knockhill.jpg

oh fantastic, will be great to get both the superbikes and the 2 strokes out there.

Remember, for the 2 stroke class to go ahead, Dave Stewart at Thundersport GB wants your name if your interested so he can see its going to be worth while going ahead.

Once the class is confirmed i will ask him to mention it on the thundersport site.

Spread the word!

Jay

oh fantastic, will be great to get both the superbikes and the 2 strokes out there.

Remember, for the 2 stroke class to go ahead, Dave Stewart at Thundersport GB wants your name if your interested so he can see its going to be worth while going ahead.

Once the class is confirmed i will ask him to mention it on the thundersport site.

Spread the word!

Jay

Yep, already emailed Dave to let him know our plans.

I have to sell my YPVS 397 to fund trick bits for the Ducati, some Marvics, cams, carbs etc so its all systems go for us.

See you next year dude !!

Got any pics of the ypvs your selling?

Aye..

dscn0806h.jpg

I need to take off the old Tech2000 shock cos I struggled with it, in fact the only time I got it set up something like was at Aintree in its second outing (where I got 3rd in the SS400 and 2nd overall in the Forgotten Era Open - with fastest lap of the race).

I have an R6 shock thats going on, which I will probably do this weekend.

Never gelled with it or keen on it, built as a bit of fun only.

If my Spondon RG5 is allowed you might see it next year for an outing if I get it running right and can find an interested party to ride it.

You want someone to ride it you say? Hi i'm jason.......

Aye..

I need to take off the old Tech2000 shock cos I struggled with it, in fact the only time I got it set up something like was at Aintree in its second outing (where I got 3rd in the SS400 and 2nd overall in the Forgotten Era Open - with fastest lap of the race).

I have an R6 shock thats going on, which I will probably do this weekend.

Never gelled with it or keen on it, built as a bit of fun only.

Fair play, looks like it would go well at aintree with that set up. When did you ride it there? I rode there last year on my rd, won the 500FE championship (my pics on the site Whoop!)lol

who runs the Fe championship these days. i have a championship winning rd400 in my garage that my brother won on in about 1994 or something!

Fair play, looks like it would go well at aintree with that set up. When did you ride it there? I rode there last year on my rd, won the 500FE championship (my pics on the site Whoop!)lol

It was the final meeting of last year, just as a bit of fun. It went OK, I only did it to sort the forks out but this year the shock went and it was getting expensive to race the RG and the RD what with the cost of fuel !! The RG drinks it !

I used to race 600's there and won the title a couple of times and nearly got the lap record on the 1000....just didnt quite manage the first 100mph, darn it !

Think I saw your name in the program, congrats on winning it dude !

who runs the Fe championship these days. i have a championship winning rd400 in my garage that my brother won on in about 1994 or something!

There is a few now. Tonfanau, Aintree, wirall 100, three sisters have a class that it would fit in and not to forget the (possible) class for thundersport next year.

It was the final meeting of last year, just as a bit of fun. It went OK, I only did it to sort the forks out but this year the shock went and it was getting expensive to race the RG and the RD what with the cost of fuel !! The RG drinks it !

I used to race 600's there and won the title a couple of times and nearly got the lap record on the 1000....just didnt quite manage the first 100mph, darn it !

Think I saw your name in the program, congrats on winning it dude !

Cheers bud. I had to go to a wedding at the last meet, i would have won the 350 classic championship also otherwise :icon_pale:

If my Spondon RG5 is allowed you might see it next year for an outing if I get it running right and can find an interested party to ride it.

Stu,

Your Spondon RG500 is eligible for Thunderbikes at Bemsee, we have had them running in the past

Also a new Thunderbike class is being released for 2012 with even more 4 and 2 strokes eligible to race

Full details to be released beginning of next week of the four class structures.

Common Eligible Bikes

Please note this is not a definitive list but a guideline to common bikes eligible to race.

Aprilia

Shiver 750cc

550cc Twins

RSV1000R up to and including 1999

Falco up to and including 1999

Ducati

All Air cooled SS Range. 600cc – 1100cc

Multistrada

All air cooled Monster Range

748 1 or 2

749 up to 2004 model not S or R

ST2 and ST3

996 up to 1999

Honda

All Air cooled machines

RC30

RC45

VFR 750F

CBR600 up to and including 1998

CBR600FX up to and including 1999

CBR Fireblade up to and including 1999

VTR1000 up to and including 1998

NC30

CB500

CBR1000F up to and including 1999

NSR 400

NSR 250

Kawasaki

All air cooled machines

ZXR-400 1

ZX-6R up to and including 1999

ZX-9R up to and including 1999

ZXR-750

ZX-7R up to and including 1999

GPZ 900

KR1-S

ER-6 Including Big Bigbore up to engine rules

Suzuki

All air cooled machines

GSXR 750 up to 1992

GSXR 750 up to and including 1999

GSXR 600 SRAD up to and including 1999

GSXR 400

GSX 600F

GSX 750F

TL1000S not R

RGV250

RG500/RG400

RF600

RF900

SV650 Including Big Bigbore up to engine rules

SFV Gladius Including Big Bigbore up to engine rules

GSF 750

Triumph

All early air cooled triple models.

3 cylinder fuel injected models up to and including1999

T595

955i

Yamaha

All air cooled machines

TRX850 (Special inclusion)

FZR600

YZF-600 up to and including 1999 1 or 2

FZR-400

FZ750

RD500LC

FZR1000 up to and including 1988

YZF750 Inc SP Version

FJ1200 (special inclusion)

OWO1

R1 up to and including 1999

R6 up to and including 1999

RD350LC/YPVS

I was not sure reading the stuff on the moto forum as it said only period based frames could be used and my spondon chassis is a 2006 one. I assume the 25cc above original capacity would stand though so no 570cc engines?

I was not sure reading the stuff on the moto forum as it said only period based frames could be used and my spondon chassis is a 2006 one. I assume the 25cc above original capacity would stand though so no 570cc engines?

Doesn't the basic design of the Spondon RG500 frame date back to the 87/88 F1 bikes?

Doesn't the basic design of the Spondon RG500 frame date back to the 87/88 F1 bikes?

The 86-88 F1 RG's were the Mk9 alloy race frame with the Gamma motor, like what ours is.

Am I reading this right?

£250 to enter a 2 day meet at Mallory? £95 for an additional class? For four 10-12 minute races per class?

That's a screaming bargain there....

Am I reading this right?

£250 to enter a 2 day meet at Mallory? £95 for an additional class? For four 10-12 minute races per class?

That's a screaming bargain there....

Dave stewart always was a money grabber Font

a meet at any particular track always seems to be about the same no matter what club you go to. Do you have any idea how much the track owners charge, i do, they are the robbers. Although you can see the money being spent at brands, you really do pay for it too.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn..... My little RS250 Aprilia is not allowed to race...

How come? What year is it?

Its a MK1 RS250 Aprilia.... Just it has radial mount calipers on a Kawasaki ZX6R front end and the bodywork is based on the last of the 250cc GP bikes. Both outside the spirit of the rules and I am not sure they will see a full carbon monocoque and fairing as just a minor thing and give some leeway.

Just got off the phone...... It would be allowed even though it has radial mounts ect and would be close to the 250cc race bike weight limit of 98Kg.... but there are not enough committed to racing in the 2 smoke class he planned to run... 18 possible riders so it looks like the 2 stroke class my not even be run.

Yeah he told me last month at pembrey, so i'm trying to spread the word. He said if there is enough interest he could run it but without the numbers, he cant.

Archived