Fi System

CRMotard

Opinions?

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2011/09/ditching-your-two-strokes-carb-for-port-fuel-injection/

the 'black box' is $999 USD (aparently turn key ready)

HGT-ECU.jpg

aparently he is making 50mm manifolds with twin injectors for big bores ingles, and 40mm manifolds for 250cc cylinders

Sounds like it has potential...

only draw backs I can think of is having to run a big battery for the fuel pump, and the cost ($999 for the black box fully set up for your aplication, and $300 for the manifold/injectors, plus fuel pump, battery, and all the other bits and peices)

would be very interesting if the 10% power gains are true... an extra 10hp would be very handy :)

Dyno.jpg

Should be pretty cool, I'm looking at it as being easier to adjust settings as pulling tank, airbox then carb for each jetting change does get tedious!! Won't be in the market for it till 2013 personally, but have it in my sights!!

why do you need to buy s 'twostroke specific' injection system - make your own using an off the shelf ecu and a throttle body. the only issue i can think of is if you run premix, what happens to the injector.

off the top of my head, what it cost to do the mono

ecu - emerald - 550

tbody - jenvey - 150

manifold - self - free

pump - cant remember - 50 quid

wiring harness - RS for the wire etc - 50 quid

swirl pot - self - free

braided hose and fittings - robbing barstewards - one million pounds

tbody sensor - emerald - 35 quid

fuel rail, injector etc - cant remember atm - 200 quid maybe?

battery and all that kind of stuff 100 quid

so to get it running about £1200 plus the million for the hoses.

plus dyno time

plus a decent wideband = approx 450 quid which you cannot do without

10% is that all, a decent ignition will do that plus 2 jets, and you will still have enough change from a grand for a holiday. Also there is something much better on the horizon ;)

exactly.. and this guy i offering "turn key" set ups for 990USD... I dont think hes done his sums correctly or doesnt know what turn key means...

"Cost is $995.00 Retail (70cc-100cc system) through dealers for a turn key system if I go that route"

haha, try fitting a real carb on that CRM first haha

my crm has plently more room ever since I ditched the premix tanks lol

but I wasnt talking about it being for my CRM, it was for my 380RR :)

but the price doesnt seem realistic

so is mine... no headaches of the highest order... if the carb has no TPS I beleive the ignition assumes 100% throttle...

you only get headaches when you put a race ECU and an overbored CR250 cylinder on it... ouch my head hurts.

10% is that all, a decent ignition will do that plus 2 jets, and you will still have enough change from a grand for a holiday. Also there is something much better on the horizon ;)

something better??? Do tell!! lol

I have a GPR50 and just found it a pain in the butt every jetting change pulling all the bits off! As much as I'd dream of owning a 4 cyl 2T something tells me I'd never have the patience to jet it properly!! I was think how nice an injection system would be and the very next day I saw the first posting of the injection kit!! Not going to jump in both feet yet though, want to see how others find it as it is alot of dosh!!

p.s. 2T .......... 415 vs 420 chain, think it's worth the drop??

What is it?

Not allowed to say ATM but it's way more advanced yet simpified in it's operation. Jetting is very simple and having a decent ignition makes it far easier to jet

a 415 chain is the go on a 50 a push bike chain would probably do :lol:

quote:

"Hello,

I will have kits available on my web site early next week that should work well for you. If you want me to pre-program it for a specific ignition curve, I can do that. We are seeing higher peak HP with a stronger torque curve on all two stroke builds.

Total cost is around $1300. I will have a firm cost after we finish developing our flanges for the throttle bodies. What is your carburetors mounting diameter?"

so 1300 is for everything...

Hey anyone able to explain on how to make the correct ignition curve for a bike? I was looking at the HPI programable ignitions but wouldn't know where to start! Is it something one can look at approximate tables for or calculate.

Hey anyone able to explain on how to make the correct ignition curve for a bike? I was looking at the HPI programable ignitions but wouldn't know where to start! Is it something one can look at approximate tables for or calculate.

You go to the dyno and test. If your lucky you don't come home with a hole in the piston.You would be far better off starting with moving the stator around and seeing what difference that made.

The best Dutch 50cc racers are getting just shy of 20HP.

Afraid you were going to say that!!!

Have been playing with offset woodruff keys to get a feel for changes (not on the Derbi). Seat of the pants tuning isn't so easy, might be better feel if I wear speedos!!

seen those Dutch 50cc racers, pretty crazy, no plans for that type of tune. Aiming for similar power but with 90cc bigbore in a less peaky output.

Afraid you were going to say that!!!

Have been playing with offset woodruff keys to get a feel for changes (not on the Derbi). Seat of the pants tuning isn't so easy, might be better feel if I wear speedos!!

seen those Dutch 50cc racers, pretty crazy, no plans for that type of tune. Aiming for similar power but with 90cc bigbore in a less peaky output.

It's incorrect to assume a high peak number is a peaky output.

The 20HP 50cc racers are anything but peaky, rgvbaz could tell you more.

There is no way they cannot be peaky.

The last 250s had about 110bhp or a lil more (so roughly 5 x 50cc) and they were not peaky only because they had such advanced electronics including the electronic carbs.

There would be little advantage making the 50s not peaky, they must run all the time at their peak torque area as there is never any need to brake on them.

er relatively peaky? lol

My race Honda 75cc (similar craft to some of the SOBW racers) is a 9,500 to 13,500 power band, compared to 7,000 to 10,000 for the stocker with pipe. Spoke to a few guys who race them, really good at providing advice!!

they sure fly!!

Really nice read that, theyre certainly some legends Mijwaart and Thiel. Im a massive Kaaden fan as well, what he did with no money and shitey old materials really was amazing.

Some of the books by Vic Willoughby with interviews with him really are worth buying.

Archived