Ktm Lc4 Info

hawky

Hi Guy's

does anyone have a manual for the ktm lc4 engine per chance?

also

need to no best grade of oil for competition use fully or semi but been put of fully due to wet clutch?

Any info on these bikes/engines mucho appreciateooo :thumbsup:

Hi Guy's

also

need to no best grade of oil for competition use fully or semi but been put of fully due to wet clutch?

Have a look at www.ktmspares.co.uk, they have manuals you can download for free if you type in a frame number to get the correct model. I don't know if it'll cover what you want but got to be worth having :)

Mitch

Hi Guy's

also

The manual for my 640 Adventure says you need 10w50 Fully synthetic, KTM recommend Motrex, but apart from being extremely expensive, I dont see how it is different to any other reputable brand of fully synth.

happy wheelying :)

is it the grey or the black engine. the black engine has a bearing thats prone to failure unless fitted with the upgrade bearing. also sprag clutches are prone to failure but easy to replace.

pretty sure ive got an engine manual for the black motor versions saved on my computer somewhere, seem to remember its has quite a large file though :eusa_think:

i use silkolene comp4 10w 40 in mine and it gets seriously abused and even after 20k the motor is still sweet as a nut inside with very little piston or bore wear and only a small amount of wear to the cam which the lc4 motors can be prone for

will pm you a link that will hopefully work for the manual

if its a black motor you need to make sure the dodgy gearbox bearing has been replaced. if it hasnt it will fail! :icon_pale:

its a pita to replace as you either have to make a puller up or do the job probably and strip the engine and split the crankcase to knock the bearing out. took me about day and half to strip motor and rebuild but you could do it in a day if you had all the bits and really set too.

theres also an over complicated oil change procedure which is actually not that bad once your done it a few times and vavle clearances are a piece of piss to do but do make sure you do them.

theres also an over complicated oil change procedure which is actually not that bad once your done it a few times and vavle clearances are a piece of piss to do but do make sure you do them.

Yup, the manual on mine says oil, filters and valve check every 1000km of competition use.

My above tip was for the grey engine (5 speed box, carb'd) so might not apply to your machine.

Archived