Rr5 Fireblade Front Sprocket

YAMMAFAN

I'm currently in the process of changing the front sprocket on my 2005 fireblade, and referring to my trusty Haynes manual it says I need to remove the clutch release cylinder (slave cylinder) to access it.

The job looks straight forward enough but Mr Haynes states that I should use a new gasket. Problem is I’ve looked all over the net and can’t seem to find one! I’m no longer local to the Honda dealer I bought the bike from (or any Honda dealer) so I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find one or if I even need to bother changing it?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cant be of much help I am afraid. I got to the same bit, you quoted in the Haynes manual and decided +3t on the rear was a better way to go. It was possible with the standard chain (just) but shortened the wheelbase somewhat.

For my wet wheels I stuck with +2t rear (standard gearing on 06/07) and tightened the chain adjusters.

I'm changing the rear to a 42 (+2) but my chain has a couple of tight spots so wanted to change that as well, and hence decided to change the front sprocket as well.

Hopefully going up 2 on the back sprocket will be worth it!

Archived