Home Made Vac Bleeder.

BudgetBoy

So today i had the task of bleeding the brakes and i thought perfect time to rig up my device..

Tools needed.

Hoover

Jar with sealable lid

Clear hose to go over bleed nipple

Tape/Blu tack to seal the hoover pipe & clear hose.

Cut two holes in the lid of the jam jar lid.1 For the hoover pipe and the other for the Clear hose.Pop them both though the holes & Seal these in there using tape or blutack ect. You want to create a air tight seal.

Put the clear hose on the bleed nipple,crack open the bleed nipple and turn on the hoover.

Keep an eye on the reservoir and keep topping it up..

Sit back and marvel and a cheap and easy way to bleed your brakes.

Sorry vid is a bit dark i don't have lighting in my workshop yet.(Can put up pics if need be.)

http://tinypic.com/r/2damyar/7

Cool!!! looks like it chews through the fluid!

Not really tbh. I done 1 side at a time and used about 500ml.It's the Air you can see shooting though.If you look on the vid you will see the fluid dripping out,not shooting out.As the air goes the flow slows down and you will see tiny air bubbles in the fluid.I normally stop and have a cup of tea and then do it again after 20 mins.Its these tiny air bubbles that always prove to be a pain lol.. I also do another way which self bleeds itself.But thats another thread..lol

Remember NOT to put the vac 'ed fluid back in the master cylinder as it will have tiny air bubbles in it.It would be ok to use again if 1.) The system has been flushed of all the old stuff & 2.) You let the fluid stand overnight to disburse ll the air bubbles.

Just popped some braided lines on my ZZR6 today and I just use a large syringe with some plastic pipe attached to the bleed nipple to suck the fluid through. Easy peasy and bloody cheap.

Just popped some braided lines on my ZZR6 today and I just use a large syringe with some plastic pipe attached to the bleed nipple to suck the fluid through. Easy peasy and bloody cheap.

Yep you can do that as well.I have one as well..

You can also reverse bleed them with the syringe.. Air tends to rise to the highest level and that's why some people do it that way.

Lots of ways to bleed them but thought id post up that way,the cost is about 20p for the hose.

Archived