gearing calculator

kaighn80

• 2 weeks later...

Used it for the P3 Suzuki project.. Got the site owner to alter his RPM scale as it would not want to show RPM higher than peak power... But told him the motor was tuned and after some tweaking it now is great for even tuned motors.. It got the top speed of the GSXR600 spot on when we looked at the GPS and calibrated speedo healer. 174MPH on the calculator, gps and the speedo healer!

• 6 months later...

why is this not a sticky !!!!

sm rims on my cr500 and 15 38 gearing = 90 topend !!!

Can't remember the gearing off the top of my head, but in the olden days, John Robinsons CR500 did 115!

Theres a fault in there somewhere, if you use different Max RPM values they don't get shown correctly on the shift speed sub graphs. All three graphs use the highest red line set in any of the setups;

This

bikepics-2250092-full.jpg

yields

bikepics-2250093-full.jpg

for "custom" which is correct, but

bikepics-2250095-full.jpg

for "current" which is wrong (gear changes are still happening at 12280 when they should be at 11440), it's the same on the stock graph too

It should look like this

bikepics-2250096-full.jpg

Shame as the site is a good idea.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have the stand alone version of this software? The site doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment (or is it just me?) so I was thinking of 'buying' the stand alone version.

works for me although it did just tell me i should be able to hit 160 on an fzr400 with a 600 lump fitted (loaded the data for the 600 then changed the sprockets and chain to what the 400 already had)

Archived