HID Lighting Kits From Ebay

lukevs

Anyone tried 'em?

There's a couple I've seen kicking around on Ebay this afternoon. Some pretty cheap prices, dunno how good the quality is of course. But these ones do offer 2 and 5 year warranties.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

Also, how hard are they to fit? Even changing the standard bulbs on a GSXR k5 takes 15mins and most of the skin off your knuckles.

I've used some cheapo ebay HID kits and they're all still working and not that hard at all to fit, but spend a little more and get a kit with the small HID unit makes fitting it somewhere on the bike a lot easier

+1 for slim ballast for ease of fitting to a bike.

what bulb type? the H4 ones need more wiring (as there is a mechanical 'flip' from lo to hi beam), the other single beams are easier.

also, don't go too high on the kelvin (colour) rating, you'll loose strength. about 5000-6000 is recommended I think.

average daylight in this country tends to be not much more than 7000 kelvin anyway, it's not going to be bad at 5500 kelvin or so.

I thought about these for my Z but ended up buying 80W normal Xenon bulbs and they work good, a lot beeter than the standard, dont melt the headlight and have a nice colour, dont ride in the dark too much though. Worth a try at a tenner for a set.

I thought about these for my Z but ended up buying 80W normal Xenon bulbs and they work good, a lot beeter than the standard, dont melt the headlight and have a nice colour, dont ride in the dark too much though. Worth a try at a tenner for a set.

Remember to fit relays with those

Remember to fit relays with those

Had them in for the past year and they have been fine, bikes in bits at the mo so had a check of the wiring and there are no signs of problems, any bigger and you might want relays though.

Archived