mappable ign only ecu quesions???

skelly

Hi everyone,

Dilemma...

I need a ignition only fully mappable ecu to do the following...

To run A 4 cylinder bike to around 16000 rpm.

Inputs to be..

Crank speed + position by means of a 36-1 or 36-2, 60mm diameter trigger wheel.

Throttle angle.

Coolant temp.

Air charge temp, this is currently a maybee but would be usefull to knock a couple of degrees off if its very warm.

Quickshift, The signal from the quickshifter goes to earth so adjustable ign cut would be nice so I can fine tune my gear changes.

Outputs to be..

4 suzuki coil on plugs.

Fuel pump.

Rev counter.

Shift light.

Now, I have spoken to Allan at DTA and he says that the s40 ecu will not work with 4 cop's, fair enough, has anyone else had any success with these ecu,s ?

He says the s60 ecu will do what I want but its £750,,, eeek..

Apparently the sagem ecu as fitted to Triumph TT600,s is fully mappable,, any ideas on this ?

Has anyone had any success with microsquirt/ megasquirt / megajolt ??

Does anyone else know of anything that will work ?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers.

Skelly.

No idea if will fit all your requirements however am running Ignitech programmable one on my NC30, might be worth a search/look.

I,ve a programmable ecu which I,m taking off my ten kate cbr600, cant remember the name of it but the dyno tuner said its a good one, I,ll get the name tommorow if you like & then you can search if it,ll do what youy want.

There are loads of stuff out there that's programmable. You could use some of the cheaper ecus if you used wasted spark as apposed to sequential just wire the cop in pairs. Try megajolt haven't used that specifically but megasquirt stuff is good

Hi All.

Thanks for the ideas.

Yeah I looked at megasquirt/microsquirt/megajolt,

It seems that they are all TCI which means that I will have to change my coil on plugs, also cant seem to find any info on coil on plug charge up time so kinda discounted them,

I would imagine that the tenkate honda uses a motec or similar, prob will be megabucks too..

I looked at a DTA S40, but again, its TCI..grrr

Hi All.

Thanks for the ideas.

Yeah I looked at megasquirt/microsquirt/megajolt,

It seems that they are all TCI which means that I will have to change my coil on plugs, also cant seem to find any info on coil on plug charge up time so kinda discounted them,

I would imagine that the tenkate honda uses a motec or similar, prob will be megabucks too..

I looked at a DTA S40, but again, its TCI..grrr

Someone said Ignitech...they can definately run COP, nnd the gearchange, revlight and more.

Megasquirt will do all you ask, although the disadvantage is finding the information -it will be there somewhere in the manual.

How have you determined the trigger wheel dimensions?

I,m not after mega bucks mate, its an old ecu , prob £150 will do for me if thats ok with you. Let me know & I,ll get some into if interested.

not today tho as its boxing day & in time honoured tradition I,m getting pissed. :shock:

It might help shake off the is freeking flu I have too.

I,m not after mega bucks mate, its an old ecu , prob £150 will do for me if thats ok with you. Let me know & I,ll get some into if interested.

not today tho as its boxing day & in time honoured tradition I,m getting pissed. :icon_salut:

It might help shake off the is freeking flu I have too.

Can I have 2nd dibbs if it's not suitable for the original poster?

Hi All, hope you have had a mega xmas.

I have treated myself to a ignitech ecu for xmas, so just waiting for it to turn up in the post.

I'l post some dyno results as soon as I have it all set up.

As for the trigger wheel teeth etc, I machined off the 4 teeth on the gsxr one and fitted a steel disc onto it, machine on new teeth and away you go,

So Fran9r make Hipringle an offer and thanks for not just diving in, Good forum etiquette that..

If anyone needs a triger wheel making/modifying, giz a shout ok..

Skelly..

Fran mine is a Racetech ecu if ur interested. You do need the correct serial port lead from Racetech to programm it (it looks like a standard lead but its not), I have their number (think its a small outfit I,m sure the main guy there will send you one free or very cheap he,s a nice fella) ,alternatively he can reccomend some tuners in the uk which alresady have tuned his ecu,s & have all the gear etc.

Archived