new wheel spindle or spacer

Acid

o.k the front forks that i have take a 16mm wheel spindle and the Sm wheels take a 20mm spindle so which would be better

a new wheel spindle made to fit my forks with the correct size ( who much would one cost to get made)

get a spacer made to take take my 16mm spacer up to the correct size

I,ve made models up in solidworks of either

cheers

o.k the front forks that i have take a 16mm wheel spindle and the Sm wheels take a 20mm spindle so which would be better

a new wheel spindle made to fit my forks with the correct size ( who much would one cost to get made)

get a spacer made to take take my 16mm spacer up to the correct size

I,ve made models up in solidworks of either

cheers

It's loads easier to get oversize bearings to fit a smaller spindle. I can do them if you want - send me a PM :eusa_wall: Are you absolutely sure the spindle is 16mm and not 17mm?

now there is something i didnt think off

I will check again, when i get home

talon superlight hubs and cr500 89 forks

The good thing about doing it by making new spacers is you can have them made as a top hat that fits inside the bearing and stays in place when you drop the wheel out.

The good thing about doing it by making new spacers is you can have them made as a top hat that fits inside the bearing and stays in place when you drop the wheel out.

Like these?

Picture033.jpg

:icon_pale:

OOOOOOoooooo they look like ones for a 99 R1 with a new front end and carbon wheels perhaps !!!!!

kayla can you p.m me a price for some made please and i will supply the sizes (or a solid works drawing).

Possibly a brake caliper adaptor too. So i can finally rid myself of the nasty sliding 2 pot caliper on my Supermoto.

Archived