Suzuki 1200 bandit spark plugs

r1-daz

Plug Specifications NGK DR9EIX - Iridium Spark Plug

Thread Diameter - 12mm

Hex Size -19mm (3/4'')

Firing End - High Performance Iridium

Resistor type

Although it doesn't say if that's across flats. Why not take a plug to Halfords and ask them for a sparkplug socket to fit ???

Not sure if the B12 is the same, but you need a pretty damned long reach one for the 750 oil-cooled motors.

I ended up using two box wrenches gaffa taped together and filed down a load of meat off the outside of the 'bottom' one to make it fit down the narrow opening to the spark plug

Some would go buy the right tool, but that'd be no fun, would it ?

Plug Specifications NGK DR9EIX - Iridium Spark Plug

Thread Diameter - 12mm

Hex Size -19mm (3/4'')

Firing End - High Performance Iridium

Resistor type

Don't know where that info is posted but if you try to use a 19mm socket you've a good chance of rounding the plug off.

A B12 plug is an 18mm plug spanner/socket, B6 needs a 16mm one.

Could somebody please tell me what size spark plug spanner i need to get a 1200 bandit spark plug out? :confused:

Thanks in anticipation. :eusa_whistle:

There is usually a suitable spanner in the tool kit

There is usually a suitable spanner in the tool kit

The only problem there is i don't have a tool kit!

I bought this 1200 Bandit just for the engine for another project and it's being running great until last weekend.

It didn't want to start then only fired up on 3 cylinders so i thought i'd check the plugs,but can't find anything to fit.

It's not that hard to find an 18mm proper spark plug socket, you could also look for an ordinary deep 18mm socket but you'd need a short extension on either to reach the plug and give the correct clearance to be able to use the ratchet, another option is an 18mm box spanner which is what you get in the OE toolkit you could always cut it down if it was too long to get the clearance.

I struggled like buggery to get a spark plug socket to fit my Mk1 B12, even after specifying a long reach thin wall socket from Eurocarparts it was suitable. Ended up getting one from Charlie Williams in Chester.

I struggled like buggery to get a spark plug socket to fit my Mk1 B12, even after specifying a long reach thin wall socket from Eurocarparts it was suitable. Ended up getting one from Charlie Williams in Chester.

You can get them in Halfords

I purposely avoided Halfrauds as I didn't think they'd have them :mad:

Well, I got one for my Bimota (GSX-R1100WP) it's about 300mm long, I guess you'd have to take the tank off but that's not a problem for me. I can use an extension bar with a plug socket but if you pull it up too quick the socket can drop off ... which is "less than optimum".

Well, I got one for my Bimota (GSX-R1100WP) it's about 300mm long, I guess you'd have to take the tank off but that's not a problem for me.

You saying I'm too incompetent to take a tank off? :icon_blackeye:

The one I got is just about the right length when the short extension bar is used from the lovely red Facom tool set I got as a freebie from a PB subscription, an added bonus is the plug socket is magnetic :rolleyes:

I bought the genuine honda spark plug tool thingie for my Africa Twin. Two of the plugs on them are a complete arse to get at. Well hidden down in the head. Was only a tenner.

Archived