high tickover problem!

hondabri

i have a little hondacb450dx that i use as a commuter bike all year around its a solid little bike very reliable starts first time everytime, when i bought it last year it ran realy rough so i stripped and cleaned the carbs and blew it all through with compresssed air and put it all back together setting the jets and air screws to recommended setting in manual, my only problem is getting the bike to tickover at the 1000-1100rpm as currently it idles at 2000 rpm which isnt ideal i have set the idle adjustment screw but it always creeps back up to higher idle speed after a couple of runs, the pilot air screw is set at one and half turns as per manual would adjusting that make a difference? ps didnt balance the carbs as it seemed to run ok when i re assembled the carbs! any advice gladly appreciated thanks. :thumbsup: it also has no air leaks as all the rubbers are brand new on the carbs! :P

i have a little hondacb450dx that i use as a commuter bike all year around its a solid little bike very reliable starts first time everytime, when i bought it last year it ran realy rough so i stripped and cleaned the carbs and blew it all through with compresssed air and put it all back together setting the jets and air screws to recommended setting in manual, my only problem is getting the bike to tickover at the 1000-1100rpm as currently it idles at 2000 rpm which isnt ideal i have set the idle adjustment screw but it always creeps back up to higher idle speed after a couple of runs, the pilot air screw is set at one and half turns as per manual would adjusting that make a difference? ps didnt balance the carbs as it seemed to run ok when i re assembled the carbs! any advice gladly appreciated thanks. :D it also has no air leaks as all the rubbers are brand new on the carbs! :confused:

Have you tried balancing the carbs. :)

Balance the carbs - it may run fine but so did my sv even when there was a 20 mmHg differance in pressure! It ran alot better after. Also, you may have a small tear in a tube or similar disrupting the airflow. When the idle creeps back up, is that as it gets warm? Ive have high tickover problems which turned out to be a slighty open choke plunger on one of the two carbs, check everything is clean and greased and moves freely, and returns fully

will balance the carbs and check out your suggestions thanks :eusa_dance:

Archived