Dremel-style multi tool thing

Tomfoolery

I got one a while ago, but have to admit I have no idea when to use the various heads and accessories. The cutting tool is obvious and I've used it many times, but it also comes with the following:

- Wire brush

- Bristle brush

- Milling point

- Diamond grinding discs

- Drill bits

- Aluminium oxide grinding bits

- Cutting discs

- Felt polishing wheels

- Sanding drums

- Cloth polishing wheels

- Brass wheel

- Bristle wheel.

Any suggestions as to what situation you'd use what in?

Thanks in advance.

Awesome when blueprinting/porting two stroke engines.

The wire brush things are excellent for leaving small bits of wire around a 2m radius of where you've been trying to clean something. I've also got oneof the milling type attachments and that's very good at making things that don't quite fit, fit.

The little cutting disks are also excellent at trimming/cutting just about anything u want to, right up to the point you accidently put a minute amount of lateral force on them - when they shatter and become excellent at embedding small razor shards of reinforced cutting material into any exposed flesh.......

The little cutting disks are also excellent at trimming/cutting just about anything u want to, right up to the point you accidently put a minute amount of lateral force on them - when they shatter and become excellent at embedding small razor shards of reinforced cutting material into any exposed flesh.......

I too have discovered this, thank fuck I was wearing goggles

I got one a while ago, but have to admit I have no idea when to use the various heads and accessories. The cutting tool is obvious and I've used it many times, but it also comes with the following:

- Wire brush

- Bristle brush

- Milling point

- Diamond grinding discs

- Drill bits

- Cutting discs

- Felt polishing wheels

- Sanding drums

- Cloth polishing wheels

- Brass wheel

- Bristle wheel.

Thanks in advance.

bristle wheel removes unwanted clag in an instant

Me too, only I wasn't. Seriously painful, thought my riding days were over!

- Wire brush

To comb the electrical system on your bike.

- Bristle brush

As above but to comb our porcine friends.

- Milling point

For milling points.

- Diamond grinding discs

For homemade jewelry

- Drill bits

For drilling shit.

To grind off aluminium oxide.

- Cutting discs

To chop your DVDs in half.

- Felt polishing wheels

To make your hats shiny.

- Sanding drums

Remove unwanted paint from percussion instruments.

- Cloth polishing wheels

Make your clothes shiny.

- Brass wheel

Makes round trombones.

- Bristle wheel.

Makes round pigs.

'kin hell, youth of today I tells you, need everything explained to them...

I- Wire brush ,good for removing oxides from metals

- Bristle brush , good for removing polishing compound from metals

- Milling point , tells you what it does really

- Diamond grinding discs, excellent for removing small amounts of metal, do not use too much pressure or they can catch ,you'll know what this means when it happens

- Drill bits, drilling , holes, even you should have worked that one out Tom

- Aluminium oxide grinding bits , again for grinding metals

- Cutting discs, excellent for cutting thin metal ,though as someone has said they aren't very flexible, there is also what type of material they are made from, i.e carborundum will grind anything but is very brittle

- Felt polishing wheels, excellent for polishing metal with though you will need a polishing compound, again don't use too much pressure as it will "burn" the surface and can be a bugger to remove, also with the right polishing compound and light pressure good for plastics (excellent on jewelry)

- Sanding drums, great for rermoving hard ,baked on grot, good on most things just don't get over enthusiastic

- Cloth polishing wheels, excellent for buffing metals after polishing

- Brass wheel, good for removing oxides from metals

- Bristle wheel. can be used for applying polishing compounds to metals ,also good for polishing in crevises.

Thanks in advance.

- Wire brush

- Bristle brush

- Milling point

- Diamond grinding discs

- Drill bits

- Cutting discs

- Felt polishing wheels

- Sanding drums

- Cloth polishing wheels

- Brass wheel

- Bristle wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Tom, bless ya little cottons - if you need to ask the above questions FOR FUCK'S SAKE DON'T EVER USE IT!!! :icon_salut::eusa_think: Give it to Florence instead, she'll know what to do :icon_salut:

i was cutting out excess from an undertray to make it fit properly when my last grinding disc gave up on me. being midnight i thought there could be a good chance that i would out of luck getting some more from my local screwfix, so i carried on. there was half of the disc missing but when i put the drill on to maximum revs it became round again(sort of). i must admit it was bouncing around a bit, so i had to be really gentle, not very wise, but i managed to get the job done(well i couldnt leave it then, could i?. this has taught me that i should have been more gentle with the 5 others i broke just being too impatient. JUST LET THE DISC DO THE WORK.

good advice above though. please, please, please wear goggles.

I'm not posting the photo of me with fake raybans held on to my head with parcel tape to stop them falling off while dremmeling, no way....

I'm not posting the photo of me with fake raybans held on to my head with parcel tape to stop them falling off while dremmeling, no way....

and not to forget your missuses comedy big boobs and suspenders apron, you dirty boy. :eusa_whistle::pbtwerplr3:

and not to forget your missuses comedy big boobs and suspenders apron, you dirty boy. :eusa_whistle::pbtwerplr3:

That's not an apron I'm wearing.....

I *may* have that pic somewhere.......

Fuck knows why but I know its on my `puter somewhere?

Archived