Front paddock stand

rdstars

I have a front Paddock stand, its the type that has two pins/bars that go under the front forks. Is it just me but I cannot get the bike ever to sit right on them, it's like the forks are trying to slip of them and don't sit right.

make you right ive never felt entirely comfortable with them, prefer the one that goes up under the headstock, soon as i work out how i will make one.

I quite like the look of the Abba one that goes under the sump, like a bar with a couple of wheels. May have a go at making one of those.

Also with my front paddock stand I did have it slip and cracked my front mudguard. I used it today and every time the pins wanted to slip back off the underside of the forks.

I have a harris type like you describe and it does look like it will slip off but it never has and i have sat on the bike while it's been on the front and rear stands.

I quite like the look of the Abba one that goes under the sump, like a bar with a couple of wheels. May have a go at making one of those.

I have one of those for sale, if you are interested PM me

Also with my front paddock stand I did have it slip and cracked my front mudguard. I used it today and every time the pins wanted to slip back off the underside of the forks.

I like the look of them but the price for what they are takes the piss. I used a 2 ton trolley jack which you can get for £20 delivered off the bay, with the rear Abba stand and the trolley under the sump it works a treat, nice to be able to adjust the height easily too. Just changed headstock bearings at the weekend, jubbly.

as others on here, i use a headstock front stand, coupled with my nws ulti-pro stand, i can do virtually any job on the bike(bar taking out the bottom yolk)and i can sit on the bike and it is as stable as you like. i have never trusted any stands that go under fork legs or swing arms as they have moving parts(never a good idea).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't trust the 'under the forks' type of stand either, ,having purcahsed one and only using it the once. The ones that fit under the front yoke are far better being more secure. I have heard that one biker lost the front end of his bike using the latter and caused quite considerable damage to the fron end of his bike. He only managed to pick the bike up with the help of a mate.

as others on here, i use a headstock front stand, coupled with my nws ulti-pro stand, i can do virtually any job on the bike(bar taking out the bottom yolk)and i can sit on the bike and it is as stable as you like. i have never trusted any stands that go under fork legs or swing arms as they have moving parts(never a good idea).

NWS ulti-pro, got one and i love it.Fits all bike with a hollow swingarm spindle and for ones that don't i have made an adapter that fits into the foothanger bolt threads. This way i can use it on any bike and also take the swingarm off as well

I don't get what all the fuss is with abba stands, this having to get a fitting kit to use with different bike sounds like an expensive arse to me. Or am i missing something here.

NWS ulti-pro, got one and i love it.Fits all bike with a hollow swingarm spindle and for ones that don't i have made an adapter that fits into the foothanger bolt threads. This way i can use it on any bike and also take the swingarm off as well

I don't get what all the fuss is with abba stands, this having to get a fitting kit to use with different bike sounds like an expensive arse to me. Or am i missing something here.

you and me both. you must be my long lost twin, because i also locate the pins in the foot rest hanger holes. all ive got on the stands ATM is a frame, waiting for the big rebuild to commence.

i think abba tried to take on nws and failed miserably. nws, simple ally boxed construction and the easiest one man operation to hoist said bike up to the clouds.

BEST £75(way back when)ive ever spent.

Archived