Breaking bike advice

SamB

If my dymag can't be repaired I'll have to get rid of my bike as I can't affort a new one.

This will probably involve breaking my bike as it will be without a rear wheel and I feel its worth more in bits.

Particularly as it sports ohlins at both ends, ap racing breaks, full akrapovic system etc.

After all the fancy stuff has gone, what are the best ways of organising the parts so as not to be left with too many boxes of bits?

up to you if you wanted to strip it right down but i would be tempted to sell as many big bits as possible ie complete engine, with or without carbs then complete frame, then all the fairngs, also i have a kwakker rear wheel in green 17x4.5 inch flavour

Once you have disposed of the major items and any "special" bits, organise the remainder into sections... ie brakes, suspension, electrics etc and sell off as job lots...

GD

If my dymag can't be repaired I'll have to get rid of my bike as I can't affort a new one.

This will probably involve breaking my bike as it will be without a rear wheel and I feel its worth more in bits.

Particularly as it sports ohlins at both ends, ap racing breaks, full akrapovic system etc.

After all the fancy stuff has gone, what are the best ways of organising the parts so as not to be left with too many boxes of bits?

Can you not get a standard wheel to replace the Dymag until you can afford to replace it?

Are your Dymags like this? 5.5 inch rim?

I have this one for sale, came out of my ZXR750L, so should fit your 9 without too much trouble. £200 Plus postage (or collect if you like).

Its in MINT condition.

DymagRear.jpg

Can you not get a standard wheel to replace the Dymag until you can afford to replace it?

Yes I could do that - not a bad idea. The tricky bit is that I need a 6" single sider Ducati fitment. As I understand they are all 5.5".

The other more serious issue is running 3 bikes is getting expensive :icon_salut:

Are your Dymags like this? 5.5 inch rim?

I have this one for sale, came out of my ZXR750L, so should fit your 9 without too much trouble. £200 Plus postage (or collect if you like).

Its in MINT condition.

Thanks! Thats very kind of you. The bike is running a single sider so unfortunately they won't fit :icon_salut:

Thanks! Thats very kind of you. The bike is running a single sider so unfortunately they won't fit :P

Ah right, I did think to myself that it looked a little different in your picture, but couldn't quite make it out.

I have a pair of these Dymags and am struggling to shift them, everyone wants the front only, not interest in the rear.

If you do break your 9, I'd be very interested in that front end. :icon_salut:

Yes I could do that - not a bad idea. The tricky bit is that I need a 6" single sider Ducati fitment. As I understand they are all 5.5".

The other more serious issue is running 3 bikes is getting expensive :icon_salut:

I have no idea what width the Ducati wheels are,other that I had a 190 rear on my standard 748 a couple of years ago.

Infact,my Step dad runs a 190 on his 996 which has std Brembo rims with no issues.

Just might be easier to get the bike sorted with a standard Duc wheel and sell it as a good un than break it and be left with a load of bits you cannot give away.

Edit for damn slow fingers!

It must be my lucky day. Dave East managed to unbend the rear wheel this afternoon - not bad for £50!!!!!!!!!!

Still wondering whether to keep the bike :icon_salut:

You've had that bike for a bargin price. You will never have all those nice bits on one bike for that kinda money again.

If you don't want to pay for 3, park it and ignore it for a while.

If you sell, you will regret it.

You've had that bike for a bargin price. You will never have all those nice bits on one bike for that kinda money again.

If you don't want to pay for 3, park it and ignore it for a while.

If you sell, you will regret it.

+1 to that!

I think I need to get on the bike to fall back in love - this wheel saga has been going on for about 6 months. Cheers for the sound advise.

You can't fall out of love with a ZX9.....

If you do break it, and are left with a box of bits no-one wants, I'll take 'em off your hands for a small fee :icon_salut:

Archived