Broken master cylinder

lorenzo

The bit that the hose off to the reservoir has broken off on a master cylinder I've got here (one off a late model r1, a brembo badged radial one). Can you remove them and can you get spares?

They are just a push fit. i've taken them out of RSV rear Brembo m/cs to use in Ducati front radial Brembo m/cs.

it takes quite a bit of force so it is tricky not deforming it in the process. You may be able to lever the old one out with a claw hammer or similar.

Try softening the thick rubber washer in boiling water or WD40, and press the elbow in with a vice. (using a forked drift on the flange - if you push on the elbow it will collapse)

Brembo%2090%20Inlet.jpg

Searching online turned up Moto-racing

the Brembo part number is 110.3127.20

Coolio, thanks mate, although I think I'll give moto-racing a miss as they're one of the top rip-off companies out there according to most web sources! I'll see if I can get one direct through aprilia or ducati. Might cost a couple of quid more but at least I'll get it! Or, failing that, I'll have a look at a cheap RSV master cylinder...

Coolio, thanks mate, although I think I'll give moto-racing a miss as they're one of the top rip-off companies out there according to most web sources! I'll see if I can get one direct through aprilia or ducati. Might cost a couple of quid more but at least I'll get it! Or, failing that, I'll have a look at a cheap RSV master cylinder...

If you want brembo parts forget Aprilia and Ducati dealers, go to KTM every time.

Be aware that that Brembo part no may be for their aftermarket M/C and may be a different size to a production bikes unit.

My Brembo radial uses a smaller bore line up to the pot.

I may be talking bollix but worth checking out.

Lorenzo. i've just turned up a spare Brembo m/c with that fitting on, PM your adress if you want it.

That there is fantastic, pm on its way!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris you are the awesomest. 2 slightly ropey looking rear master cylinders have been sat here for a while, waiting patiently under a load of shit in the kitchen (not literally shit, just decorating shit), my Mrs only mentioned them this evening. I dashed out, have a right old job getting the knackered on out of my master cylinder, then decided the best way to get the one of of the new (to me) one was to simply hacksaw the knackered master cylinder apart. It came out a treat, not damage at all, apart from to an already broken master cylinder. A splash of boiling water and it's back in the fron master cylinder. Great stuff, and another big thumbs up to the power of the PB forum, good people, every last one of 'em.

Archived