Mille leaking fuel out of over flow pipe

badcherrys

My Mille started to leak petrol out of what i belive is the over flow pipe,I started the bike up and moved it,When i stopped and parked it up i saw petrol pouring out of the bottom of the pipe,it kept coming out untill i took the bike off the side stand.The tank is not even half full and the bike wasn't cranked over or anything, i rode it about 5 foot in a straight line so any ideas why it would pour out of a pipe? i did lift the tank up the other day if that makes any diffrence? :icon_bounce:

Yup, the it'll either be an overflow or breather pipe and you'll have probably got a bit in there from lifting the tank. keep your eye on it, in case it happens again, but I wouldn't worry about it especially.

A mates Mille had the breather pipe in the tank come free, so unless the fuel level was paticularly low, it would piss petrol all over the place. Including leaving enough fuel on the floor to be told off over the loudspeaker.

Which was quite funny, as my heap of a GSX600F had a fucked tap, and needed the fuel level to be high.

We filled up at about every fuel station on our way home.

Yup, the it'll either be an overflow or breather pipe and you'll have probably got a bit in there from lifting the tank. keep your eye on it, in case it happens again, but I wouldn't worry about it especially.

Thats what im hoping thanks lorenzo ;)

A mates Mille had the breather pipe in the tank come free, so unless the fuel level was paticularly low, it would piss petrol all over the place. Including leaving enough fuel on the floor to be told off over the loudspeaker.

Which was quite funny, as my heap of a GSX600F had a fucked tap, and needed the fuel level to be high.

We filled up at about every fuel station on our way home.

Sounds like a very long ride home! :getmecoat:

The early metal tanked milles had two internal rubber fuel hoses which can perish. By lifting the bike off the stand you may have effectively dropped the fuel level below the rupture in the pipe.

Fill the tank slowly at home from a jerry can and see if it comes out of the overflow.

The internal hoses run from under the fuel cap to the fuel pump. if you take the tank off and remove the fuel pump from underneath the tubes can be pulled off and examined.

They have been known to disintegrate

The early metal tanked milles had two internal rubber fuel hoses which can perish. By lifting the bike off the stand you may have effectively dropped the fuel level below the rupture in the pipe.

Fill the tank slowly at home from a jerry can and see if it comes out of the overflow.

The internal hoses run from under the fuel cap to the fuel pump. if you take the tank off and remove the fuel pump from underneath the tubes can be pulled off and examined.

They have been known to disintegrate

Thanks Chris :icon_salut:

Archived