Help req: diameter/thread yam FZR600R sprocket??

xjrsommsi

oi mates,

please- need the dimension of the front sprocket nut thread of an fzr 600r (´94 vintage; type 4JM).

M ?? x thread lead (e.g. M16x 1.5)

previous owner has welded a one-off spacer onto the output gear shaft....i´ve removed that crap now with a dremel due chain replacement& want to recut the thread.

cheers,

freddy

Good you got it sorted! Aparently it's not uncommon on the FZR400/600 for the nut to loosen and jump off the end of the shaft, it happened on my 400 locking the rear wheel as I was going down hill!

The fact the previous owner had left the tab washer off probably didn't help, so in the interests of safety I fitted a jubilee clip until a suitable replacement could be found :eusa_dance:

....yupp guys,

thanks for the feedback- know about the issue with the suddenly flying object, previous known as sprocket retainer nut ;o), have read about that in the fzr forum as well. but i was really pissed off, finding out that my "new used" toy has a welding on the shaft.

i´ve already ordered the proper "special retainer shim", which holds the nut in place...and probably will also do a drill in the centre of the output shaft, cut a thread into and make an additional one off shim, preventing going the stuff loose. loctite is on the must do list as well.

cheers,

fred

I'd just fit the "special retainer shim" after that it's getting a bit overkill and a hole through the shaft might weaken it, (not to the point of failure but it's something I'd avoid)

Archived