De-restriction advice please

Annaz

Does anyone know how to de-restrict a Honda XR125?

It's a mates bike and he's sick of 57mph flat out!

It's been ages since I did anything like this and I reckon I'm out of touch with it :thumbsup:

Any advice welcome

Cheers

i'd be checking for physical restrictors first, ie washer looking things either in the exhaustports or inlet ports if its a case of being restricted by cdi then i wish you the best of luck but some one knowledgable will be along shortly to tell you im a prat and not to listen to me.

Is an XR125 even restricted in any way? :confused:

^this^

125cc 4T off-roader style?

Get used to not being able to crack 60mph.

It'll be sub-10bhp at the wheel and geared for very soft trail riding.

If it helps, tell him I have 4x 400cc off-road bikes that won't crack much more than 75mph...... But we never max them out off road.

Use it on the trails and it'll make a lot more sense.

^this^

125cc 4T off-roader style?

Get used to not being able to crack 60mph.

It'll be sub-10bhp at the wheel and geared for very soft trail riding.

If it helps, tell him I have 4x 400cc off-road bikes that won't crack much more than 75mph...... But we never max them out off road.

Use it on the trails and it'll make a lot more sense.

I see where you're coming from Dave but it's just that it sounds so pathetic, like a sewing machine, so it probably is sub 10hp, in fact I have a chainsaw motor that would give it more power!

I'm telling him to grin and bear it, greenlane it a bit, or a lot, and when he gets through his test we'll all play on his SV650 :icon_salut:

Stick a K&N style pod filter on it and go a size up on the jets. It might not do much in therms of performance but it'll sound better, enough to make it seem faster.

I had a MTX125 and being a two stroke it seemed ok for what it was. I think it would do about 75 but I tried to keep it to 65 on the motorway or big A roads. When I looked into it the only difference between that and the road version was a slightly shorter first gear everything else was the same.

If it's 57 flat out banging off the limiter another tooth on the front sprocket maybe? Has it been looked after. Basics like clean air filter etc.

Yep it's like brand new

Archived