Throttle balancing

Doug_R1

I must get around to balancing the throttle bodies on my bike, but with fuel injection is a gravity feed ok, or does it need connecting to the fuel pump for the correct pressure? I was wondering if anyone knew if an extension pipe was available, so you can hook the tank up off the bike.

Definately needs the fuel pump. You could buy a length of fuel hose from 99% of motor spares shops, just get generic braided stuff (to cope with the pressure) of the right diameter. Your problem however will come when you find it's got funky fittings at one end or perhaps both. If you're lucky enough to find it's just held on with a jubilee clip then it's a doddle, otherwise you've got to see if you can do something with the attachments, which'll be tricky.

Easiest way is to take the tank off , connect up your gauges and have a look where the air bleed screws are , reconnect your tank at the back supported at the front with a lump of wood or similar , get the bike warm and balance away , what model R1 is it ?

It's not the R1, the 4XV had carbs, hence the gravity feed languishing in the shed. It's a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R C1H, with the clip fittings, I don't see how I could turn the tank and connect it.

Archived