CBR 600fs

steelcat

Evening folks

Just been to my mates as he was selling his bike, when they come to take it, it wouldnt start. It was turning over but seemed like it wasnt sparking. The pugs seem ok and there is loads of juice in the battery. Does anyone know of any common problems that could be causing this?

thanks.

there is fuel going round the system. the pugs seem ok but not actually seen them sparking. we took on out and fired the engine, it made a different sound. my mate thinks the regulator/rectifier is on its way out. could this cause it not to start?

thanks again

Yes we have tried bumping it with and without the choke. still no joy. we have checked all the fuses and they are fine. We are going to try again today and hopefully it will have cured itself.

Check there is actual spark on all the plugs; take each one out, keep it in the lead and earth it against the frame and crank the engine over, should see a spark.

Could be the spark isnt stronge enough

A reg/rec would only prevent the bike from starting if its allowed the battery to go duff, resulting in slow cranking.

Mine wouldn't really start from cold on my fully charged battery! Because it had seen its day so It was cranking it slow and not giving a good spark. A new battery solved it! My first recommendation would be to try jump starting it or someone else's battery that you know is good!

The reg/rec is only really active once started isn't it since it rectifies the charge going into the battery, So it wouldn't really matter?

If no luck with a "definite" good battery then check the spark against the frame and work backwards, If its not sparking, check the plugs then HT leads etc... etc..?

[/input] :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle:

none of that might actually be useful tbh! :thumbsup:

First off get a decent battery on it, either by charging the bikes battery overnight, or by using a set of jump leads. If this starts it then you've worked out where the problem is. If this doesn't work, pull the airbox off, squirt a good dose of easy start in the carbs and then give that a try. If it works then you've got an issue with the fuel.

How long's the bike been sat?

Archived