Air Compressor

Kawasakifreak

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new air compressor & ratchet to work on my bikes from time to time but the choice is a bit confusing.

Uses would include stubborn bolts/nuts, pushing out brake pistons, very ocassional paint spraying of tanks, side panels, wheels, etc ?

Space is an issue - would 1.5 hp & 24 L capacity be enough or should I go higher/bigger ? I could squeeze in a 50 L tank (if necessary) under my work bench but I'd rather not.

Thanks.

CFM is what you want to look for, Cubic Feet per Minute, I'd advise no less that 10CFM for what you want, Ideally you'll want a little higher than that for spraying alot of gear, but should be okay for the occasional squirt

I've got a 45l, 10cfm compressor and for anything that requires a constant supply of air (a load of drilling, air sander, painting, about 70% of the stuff I use if for) will mean that the pump is constantly going, and this does my head in. Get the biggest tank and biggest compressor you can afford. Editted add: I honestly don't know why manufacturers make smaller ones, they must be massively frustrating.

Archived