Fireblade track bike

MJWHITT

Hi, just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, just helping my pal with his 05 blade track bike. He bought it damaged and now its almost ready, he's just tried it up the road and when when it gets high up the revs it starts spluttering, trying to cut out and a red light flashes in the clocks.

Could it be a broken sensor somewhere from the previous crash? We have looked around the harness for anything un plugged or signes of damage? but found nothing.

Any help would be much appriciated.

I've got the Service Manual if that's any good to you. Its a pretty big file (105Mb), but I could stick it on a file hosting site for ya.

Yeah that would be great. going to speak with the local Honda dealer too but I don't hold much hope of a result there. Does file hosting mean that you'll post a link for me to click on?

Cheers

May or may not be relevant but my K3 racebike used to get the FI light on when being thrashed.Turned out it's when it was overreved it was happening so was a warning of such.Didnt splutter tho.The cure was duct tape :eusa_wall:

Something I've just remembered probably more relevent was my 07 zx10r racebike.I disconnected the speedo pickup and the same thing happened.Got to 10k and it was like hitting the limiter early and the FI light would flash.Reconnecting it saw the full 13k again and no light.Have you disconnected your speedo :(

May or may not be relevant but my K3 racebike used to get the FI light on when being thrashed.Turned out it's when it was overreved it was happening so was a warning of such.Didnt splutter tho.The cure was duct tape :D

Something I've just remembered probably more relevent was my 07 zx10r racebike.I disconnected the speedo pickup and the same thing happened.Got to 10k and it was like hitting the limiter early and the FI light would flash.Reconnecting it saw the full 13k again and no light.Have you disconnected your speedo :thumbsup:

Just had the bike to the local Honda dealer and on the diagnostic computer. It showed up 7 faults codes. He cleared them and they never showed back up. The bike is great now with no probs. Thanks guys for yr help.

Archived