X-09

JackCélaire

Er, were on earth did you find that piccy????

Who what when why?, man you have thrown the cat umungst the pidgeons with this one..

I need more info now!

Ok, now googled it, wow, think I have had a trouser crisis, some ones got to build a rep of this!

Wow that is tasty

Oh and disc shrouds for the carbon discs, very early 90's. (It was to keep the heat in wasnt it? didnt the early carbon brakes not work at all below a certain temp?)

they're a crank induction V-twin.

FROM STROKERBOYS www.kr250.org In 1989 Kawasaki made a brief return to racing two-strokes with a new experimental reed-valve upside-down V-twin 250 (the 'X-09') complete with KIPS powervalve system. It was tested in Japan that year but did not re-appear until Daytona in 1992, raced by Aaron Slight and Trevor Crookes in a team managed by Kork Ballington, who also acted as development rider. Despite a capable chassis, the radical engine design proved too troublesome and competitive power was never achieved.

That's because the bloody V pointed to the ground the carbs/reeds were on the 'bottom' of the engine.The intake had to go past the crank to get to the cylinders. If only they were more conventional we might have had a V twin Kawaka road bike

What the *flip* did they do that for? It looks gorgeous, and I'm all for innovation, but that just sounds perverse! What's next? Pistons on the outside? Propelled by rowing?

What the *flip* did they do that for? It looks gorgeous, and I'm all for innovation, but that just sounds perverse! What's next? Pistons on the outside? Propelled by rowing?

Wish my bike was propelled by rowing, the amount of earache my wife gives me I'd never have to fill it up...

• 1 month later...

who cares it fucking rocks the fact that it didn't work makes it poetry and better for it

i have a little soft spot for stuff that fails. dont know why that should be , bit like supporting the underdog.

to be honest i'm with ade,i saw this bike years ago and loved it :( my bro had his second kr1s and i was bothering him to make a replica of it,but he went back to his 350 lc's :angry: when my nsr is done i may well take it on to build a rep

to be honest i'm with ade,i saw this bike years ago and loved it :angry: my bro had his second kr1s and i was bothering him to make a replica of it,but he went back to his 350 lc's :rolleyes:when my nsr is done i may well take it on to build a rep

Mwwwaha, ha, ha... 'when my NSR is done'...stop it! My sides are splitting! :(:lol:

:beerchug: now that sounds like a challenge ade :P give me 10 years to get it done :D to be honest i'm supprised nobody has done one already,i think you should :icon_pale:

bit beyond me i think, plus ive had my head turned by my 98 r1. what with that, my sons blown his rs 125 up again after too many kneedown moments on the local roundabout and just finishing the engine rebuild on his zxr 400 i am stuck with the kr it is going nowhere. oh and did i mention that my youngest boy has just dropped his bmx on the tank of the kr, we both had a little cry over that one.

Archived