Easy like a sunday morning....

madmike

All summer the bike has been starting fine... then the past few weeks (as temps have dropped) It won't cold start, When I get warm days it starts fine! But if its abit cold out when I thumb the starter it sounds as if the engine isn't spinning fast enough! As soon as its warm, turn it off and back on and it spins super quick and strarts right up!

So... After a year of non-charging then charging every night in my house abuse... I'm pretty sure my battery isn't at its best, I'm looking to replace it and have read up on the GEL batteries! From "Yuasa"? Been looking at there cold start peformance ratings but can't quite figure which is good or not!

So... Anyone got any good recommendations, Money isn't an object really as I want something good!

Thanks guys! :eusa_think:

Hmm.. thanks for the heads up! I'll have a good check! I'm 99.999999999999% sure that the smoke thing isn't a problem.

I'll check all the connections soon! I was only wondering if it was the battery as I can bump the bike from cold by fast walking! :tumbleweed:

A week ago I went out at about 8:30am, It was a bit cold... And the starter sounded weak, I tried it about 3 times. no luck so I walked to work (Don't live that far, Just enjoy being lazy and taking my bike) When I can home at about 3 in the afternoon when the sun was out, it started straight away! :huh:

Crazy...

Is it a coincidence that my bike randomly stopped working before, Blew the 10a Ignition fuse and every fuse I replaced it with, Couldn't find the fault at first but messed around with some of the earthing wires under the tank... seemed to fix it! I'll need to properly sort it on the next nice day mind.

But does this back up what your saying mille??

UPDATE:

This morning, 8:45(ish) It was quite cold out, condensation on the car windows! and my bike seat. Thumb the starter and once again it sounded really slow and obviously I then had to bump... which it did really easy, I Don't even have to run, just fast walk...

I'm gonna check/clean/sort all the connections some point this week or early next week but to be honest, The battery was given to me when I bought it jut over a year ago as It was needed for the M.O.T, So I'm guessing he didn't fork out a lot of money for it tbh... Since he was paying :lol:

Archived