S1000RR bling for bling's sake.

Bernster

Removed the pillion peg’s off my S1000RR ,(they weight a hell of a lot more than Japanese bike items) – and the black sub frame is then marred by these two huge circles that are left unpainted. It looks like they paint the sub frame with the pillion pegs attached or mask up the holes and 20mm of material around the hole too.

Anyway I thought about getting a set of these, but I bet they weigh as much as the peg’s that are being removed....

ext_8192_bare.jpgprod_8192_bare.jpg

So I’m thinking along the lines of these as they’re much lighter and don’t have Evotech etched all along the side.

1911_big_web.jpg

The thing is I need a set that have a large enough head to cover the part of the sub frame that isn’t painted, about 20 pence piece size but still fit into the M8 sized hole.

Anyone know where I can get four in black?

I personally think they’ll look much better than those hulking great Evotech covers.

Just 2 black bolts will be fine.

As much as i like the look of those evotech items it just seems like an unnecessary extravagance that does nothing but add un-necessary weigh. Albeit very little.

Just 2 black bolts will be fine.

As much as i like the look of those evotech items it just seems like an unnecessary extravagance that does nothing but add un-necessary weigh. Albeit very little.

Are the Evotech items etched on the reverse side? If not, install them flipped over.

I thinkg they look a little O.T.T for what is essentially a cover for two 8mm holes. I'm going to source some of those black plastic pop covers, they weigh bob-all and look a bit better. I'll try B&Q tonight, but I'll probably have to buy a packet of 10.

Or these might just work, if not then try these

Good luck, let us see the outcome?

Cheers chap's, I nipped into CWS but they like everyone else on the planet only go up to M6 using cheap Nylon bolts, for anything above apparently it has to be quality polypropylene of which there aren't that many companies manufacturing stuff in black, only white or what they call 'natural'.

Try these peeps , just dahn the road from us

http://www.cwfasteners.co.uk/contact.htm

I've found there's a rattling sleeve in the sub frame where the pillion pegs bolt so threaded bolts will be needed in order to stop them rattling about which resulted in.....

After ringing loads of companies and following countless dead leads I was told to try Moss Plastics. They do 'loads' - again majority of which is in white or natural. However after informing the lovely sounding lady on the other end of the phone that I only wanted four she informed me that the minimum order quantity is 1,000 but as I was polite she'd send me four out as a sample. Yeah! :eusa_think:

I wanted these due to their head size covering the naff unpainted bit as the heads go up to 18mm diameter, but they’re only available in white.

SR1975_P_1_1.jpg

We’ll see what turns up in the post.

I know it's not anywhere near 'build it yourself’ - but the amount of phone time, (my employers of course) - means it's not quite knuckle losing time but still bloody draining none the less looking for an alternative, lightweight solution rather than buying crud off eBay.

Archived