wiring problem help needed

beek

At first i wired in my new switch for my lights and got everything working fine. i didn't have any indicators at the time so didn't wire these in but after i bought some indicators i connected up and found the headlight and rear light flashed in situ with the indicators ( not bright just a dim flash )

so i thought it was a problem with the switch so i took it apart what ive got now is just the indicator part of the switch which is totally independent of the rest ive wired up indicators and they work fine, but if i turn on the indicators and run my light tester earth / live i get the tester flashing dim

ive tried several places on the loom and it all does the same a dim flash.

if i connect the tester to a indicator it flashes bright just like the indicator

Ive also done a few other tests

with the indicators running i can connect my light tester to the live wire in the switch and it flashes even when in off position is this correct

Sounds like a poor earth connection somewhere as you get the flashing effect on the headlight when you had that connected in. Check all your earth connections and make sure they are in good condition and make good contact.

Sounds like a poor earth connection somewhere as you get the flashing effect on the headlight when you had that connected in. Check all your earth connections and make sure they are in good condition and make good contact.

ive done this as one of the first things i thought of.

Ive also since tried the original swith gear and still does the same ive also replaced relay and again does the same

Archived