MC16

Majik

Righto fellas - despite lusting after a 31k, they're going for silly prices for sheds, and my budget is tight. I have, however, been offered what looks like a tidy MC16 NSR250 for £900 - so fill me in on the details, as they're don't seem to be many MC16 owners on the NSR site. Is it a dog? Is it overpriced?

Pic1

Pic2

Majik

Looks stock and clean.

Please if you buy, dont butcher it into some thing its not.

They will be worth good money if you keep them standerd in good order.

My mate has a complete MC16 HRC F3, well 95% nice classic.

Looks tidy mate. There was an article about MC16s in issue 2 of Practical Sportsbikes, might be worth tracking down a copy if you're serious about buying. According to the article, a basket case is £300-£500, ratty £800, good £1700 & mint £2500, so at that price it looks very good! As Si says, get it bought!

:D

Looks tidy mate. There was an article about MC16s in issue 2 of Practical Sportsbikes, might be worth tracking down a copy if you're serious about buying. According to the article, a basket case is £300-£500, ratty £800, good £1700 & mint £2500, so at that price it looks very good! As Si says, get it bought!

:thumbsup:

*Smashes self in face and runs upstairs*

Thanks guys :) Might run up and see it this week - I'll let y'all know how it goes. My only concern is that he has already sold one, which looked just as nice, and it only went for £640 - this was his other one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-NSR250-MC16-NS...3#ht_580wt_1138 . Also, it's been sat in his garage for 10 years prior to him pulling it out, servicing it and getting it MOTd - anything I should be scared of, with it being sat so long? On the upside, he has proof of it only having 8432 miles!!!

Majik

*Smashes self in face and runs upstairs*

Thanks guys :lol: Might run up and see it this week - I'll let y'all know how it goes. My only concern is that he has already sold one, which looked just as nice, and it only went for £640 - this was his other one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-NSR250-MC16-NS...3#ht_580wt_1138 . Also, it's been sat in his garage for 10 years prior to him pulling it out, servicing it and getting it MOTd - anything I should be scared of, with it being sat so long? On the upside, he has proof of it only having 8432 miles!!!

Majik

Crank seals at minimum engine wise mate

• 2 weeks later...
no reason to assume this at all, just put two bikes back on the road after 10 and 14 years respectivley and neither needed crank seals, some do, and some don't.

I concur, the engine in my Kr-1s sat in a garden for over ten years, crank seals were fine.

Archived