anyone fitted a trailtech vapor computer to a road bike

Annaz

I'm in the process of designing my new front end for the Spondon. I've seen these units fitted to all sorts of bikes and even the PB Trumpet project bike in the current mag. On the trailtech site there are a few bike specific units (SV650, KLR, DR etc. I also believe there is a universal option.

Has anyone ever fitted one to their road bike, mine will be going to an R1 standard loom.

Any advice graciously recieved ;)

Photo-0341.jpg

They work, that's about it really. I've found the tacho too unstable to be any use at all on my bike.

Millemille- Those spoked wheels look awesome :D

Photo-0341.jpg

They work, that's about it really. I've found the tacho too unstable to be any use at all on my bike.

Millemille- Those spoked wheels look awesome :eusa_dance:

:eusa_dance: I was going to say that too!

Are they supermoto wheels Mille?

Are these vapour things easy enough to fit?

I have fitted a Veypor unit to the srad trackbike, courtesy of Florence, and found the tacho to eratic to the point of useless, which was annoying at the noise test at Cadwell, it also made the gear indicator useless. How would you guys rate the product in general?

I was wondering why they cant hook up to the bikes existing speedo and tacho, it would make more sense to me.

Edit to add; nice bike btw Kayla!

Full lowdown on the bike is here....

http://pbmagforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9516

It was originally on my KTM supermoto and worked well on there, it's not so good on the bandit...as others have said, the revs are erratic (when I was setting up the bandit on the dyno the rpm on the tacho didn't correspond to the dyno's display and it wasn't out by one of the correction factors available in the vapor set up menu) and I cannot get the water temp display to work.

Doesn't sound like a recommendation then :eusa_think:

I wonder how the staff will get on with the Triumph project

The rev display will also only go to 12kprm IIRC, what with being designed for singles. Dunno if that's ok for an early R1?

I reckon you could be right there old chap!

I've been checking out a few of the others too, the Acewell and Koso, and they seem to have the same fundamental flaws.

So I've now decided to make a shiny billet surround and mount my R1 clocks to the top yoke. In the name of the shed based bike building ethos :thumbsup:

Archived