RG250 jetting

keny

I´m a bit out in the oachen now. Just buoght a RG250 in june, and trying to make it run better,

Ok it did run well when it did on way home. Found out left carb was not fastned properly. nuw it will not rew past 8k.

Well state of tune... Orginal airfilterbox removed, has a pair of foarm fiters on the carbs. Exhaust is a set of crome Microns.

(I do have the stock pipes, but not the airbox...) Have checked the float level, its ok. Jetting now is 250main, stock idle jet.

Thanks in advans.

I´m a bit out in the oachen now. Just buoght a RG250 in june, and trying to make it run better,

Ok it did run well when it did on way home. Found out left carb was not fastned properly. nuw it will not rew past 8k.

Well state of tune... Orginal airfilterbox removed, has a pair of foarm fiters on the carbs. Exhaust is a set of crome Microns.

(I do have the stock pipes, but not the airbox...) Have checked the float level, its ok. Jetting now is 250main, stock idle jet.

Thanks in advans.

Which RG250 is it fella?

get the air box back on,bllody foam fillters are shit.ill get the corect jetting for you tomorrow,as its in the suzuki land shed.

there is no perfect answer to your problem.

Just go down 2 sizes at a time until you get it right...nothing wrong with pods either a lot of the NSR boys all run open airboxes...

Foam filters are usually alright in my (albeit limited) experience. I have had loads of hassle with K&N cone filters and eventually put it down to the metal end caps reflecting pulses back down the inlet tract.

As for jetting I'd start high and work your way down. It may cost you a bit in jets but you'll have spare should to make any more modifications and it's also a lot cheaper than blowing it up going too lean.

Archived