Four cylinder engine running on 2 cylinders.....

Bernster

win....... a bag of sweets of your choice. ;)

Bike: Honda CBR 929 RRY. (Yes the one that's for sale).

Historic Problem: The old known Honda 929 RRY Fireblade *STATOR ISSUE*. Previously igniting gases in the crank case causing the explosion to pop rocker cover gaskets. :)

Stator repaired - check

New gaskets fitted - check

Compression check - check

Coil for each cylinder - check

Fuel coming through each cylinder - check

Spark for each cylinder - check

Plugs are dry, (not drenched in fuel) - check

Emissions Control Valve cleaned and reed's checked for clearance - check

Reg rectifier - check

.... Yet the bike will not run on cylinders 1 and 4. Throwing igniting fluid in the two cylinders directly doesn't fire them up either.

Bloody Honda's.

Any ideas? :eusa_think:

.... Yet the bike will not run on cylinders 1 and 4. Throwing igniting fluid in the two cylinders directly doesn't fire them up either.

That points to the sparky side of things. When you say you've checked the coils and spark at each cylinder, how?

If 1 and 4 are out doesn't that point to one of the coils? Check both input and output voltage at the coil.

Other suggestion is that you have two dodgey plugs shorting out in the cylinder, it's a long shot but it's happened to me, they were new plugs aswell.

Only other things I can think of are dodgey brain (bike not yours) or timing out at the stator plate.

Tried new plugs and checked the continuity of the coils with a meter and says fine.

I've earth'd out the plugs and they all spark, old ones and new ones.

Thinking the ECU is fried.

jebus....I'm beginning to think that you are jinxed around bikes!

At last, welcome to my world. ;)

CDI/ECU will be a pain as it's integrated into the HISS but I know a company I've used in the past to test and repair so might send it off.

Tried new plugs and checked the continuity of the coils with a meter and says fine.

I've earth'd out the plugs and they all spark, old ones and new ones.

Thinking the ECU is fried.

Swop the coils over. Does the problem move to the other 2 cylinders? How about the wiring around each coil?

Just to add on with Mike has already said, usually you can get it to fire with easistart (or whatever stuff you used) even if the plugs aren't sparking, the compression alone should get it to fire, but not necessarily to run.

Good luck with fixing it.

Coils continuity has been tested, as has the loom connecting the coils, (although a friend had a good point which he's seen in the past which is they may falter under load and not under small voltage checks).

Started spray doesn't ignite the two cylinders but there is a spark, so I'm wondering if there's an intermittent spark problem with the above coil pack leads that's preventing a healthy enough spark to ignite the fuel?

Either way thanks to ronenige I've got a workshop service manual to work with so that will hopefully give me some more tolerance checks and also a list of fault codes so I'll short out the required pair and get the onboard diags to see if anything leccy related in the brain is at fault.

I'll learn some more tomorrow.

Archived