Wheel balancer

krazyk

Hi guys I wrote about this a couple of months ago, the last one went to Zigzag.

I was lucky enough to get about 30 kilos of Bosch ally profile and then ordered the wheel balance shaft and bearing part from Ricambi-weiss (ebay)

the tubing is 30mm square which just leaves enough room for a 10mm nut to be brazed into place.

PICT0118.jpg

PICT0120.jpg

PICT0119.jpg

PICT0117.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

That looks the part, much better than my workbench, paddock stand and tie strap solution. Safer too, I'd wager...

I only had a moped wheel on to test it free standing but its stable.

I can also move the side bits to the upright and then drop it in the workmate.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Berndt, you can't use fisbee's as brake discs no matter how light weight you are. Been on the cooking Vino again? :icon_salut:

Hey Mark, how´s your italian by now? As you might remember from that sunday evening after-workshop-pub-kitchen sit-in I had none of those countless bottles opened that night!

As for the brakes they are prototype carbon ultra lightweight weave compound thingys where you can have your favourite brandname/sponsor/kitty woven into the fabric, but I am not allowed to talk about it at this early project stage :icon_salut:

That looks the part, much better than my workbench, paddock stand and tie strap solution. Safer too, I'd wager...

If you want it to be safer, put it on the floor. Worked fine for me :)

frontWheelBalancing.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived