CBR600F

szrdave

I'd like to raise the back of my CBR up a bit to gain some ground clearance, and while a jack-up kit would do it the rear shock is still original and would probably benefit from replacement.

I'm always prepared to make life unnecessarily difficult so the obvious* solution to both problems is to buy a slightly longer shock from ebay for pennies and bolt it on to the CBR, however I need to find something that fits.

The bike is a 2001 CBR600F, does anyone know what will go on (and still have spring and damping rates that are somewhere in the ballpark)?

*actually it's to just buy a fancy aftermarket shock that will go straight on, but I'm skint

When I was looking on ebay awhile ago there was quite a few 2002 F Sport shocks in very good condition. In fact one on there was brand new, about £30-£60 IIRC.

They should drop straight in.

Hmmm, is the Sport shock any longer than the normal F? If so then problem solved!

Ahh well I dont know but I am sure its stiffer, therefor less likey to compress and effectivly giving you the extra clearance needed?

Thanks for the replies m_z. I reckon the Sport shock would be in a similar condition to mine (10 years old) so I'm going to keep an eye out on ebay for a s/h aftermarket shock that I can bolt straight on. If one hasn't shown up by the time I book another track day I'll just bung a jack-up kit on.

I've got too many problems with the SZR660 at the moment to mess about with the CBR anyway!!

Archived