Bikes with 36mm forks.

Alex.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to source some clip ons for 36mm forks, but am drawing a blank. The bike is a 1990 Yamaha XJ600.

Can anyone tell me which other bikes have 36mm forks?

Ta.

Alex.

Thanks for the link, I had seen some of them on the bay, but not quite as cheap as them. I'll go for a set of them if plan B does not work...

Plan B.

I've been given a set of TZR250 clip ons that are 39mm, can these be sleeved down with say some ally plate wrapped round the fork underneath the clip on?

Alex.

Plan B.

I've been given a set of TZR250 clip ons that are 39mm, can these be sleeved down with say some ally plate wrapped round the fork underneath the clip on?

Yes they can, but it is a bit hit and miss, and you only really find the "miss" part under duress, which is not entirely pleasant :thumbsup:

A better solution is to send a PM to Kayla and ask her to make you up some top hat bushes, with a slit down the length so that they close up and grip as you tighten the clamp screws. Make sure there is plenty of depth of thread on the clamp screw as well, you want at least 2.5 x the diameter, so if it is M6 you want a thread depth of 15mm. Put longer screws in to suit.

Archived