brake discs

jaycee

..yes I know, the one place you don't wanna cut costs etc etc.

However, I'm not exactly loaded and there are a few things that need doing on the bike all at aonce, the chief one being the front brake discs.

Sandy's Bike Spares are doing a set of front discs for my bike at £194. link

Stealth are doing all 3 for only £195 link

compare that to EBC at £158 + plus for ONE disc....

any opinions?

Probably not what you want to hear, but I think it's a false economy to buy cheap brake discs. They'll probably be shite and you'll end up buying again. I'd be inclined to buy EBC and find the savings elsewhere.

EBC had a really good deal on them about 3 months back, mail them and see what they'll do. It was on the old style discs with the blue centres which were being phased out and replaced by black or something I think, something anyway, which essentially meant they were OK and a really big bargain. Do a search in fact, it was Heds that was being the pusher, offering them to kids outside schools etc.

editted to add: Yes, shit brakes are false economy, I got through about 4 cheapo ones on the rear of the TRX which cost me more in postage (all the time replaced free of charge) than it did to simply buy a pukka one in the first place.

Yeah Jaycee *rubs nose in a vigorous smackhead fashion*, what's your poison, I can sort ya out...

Like has already been said don't skimp, but you know that. Have a look on this thread, there's mention of a 20% discount, if it's still valid I have no idea, but it's definitely worth contacting Martyn and seeing if he'll still honor it if not even better the deal?

That of course is if you're after new discs, you could always check and see if any other Suzukis use the same size disc and then hunt some good condition ones of the Bay of 'e'

If you have a GSXR600 SRAD there are sevaral options.

I am to going through this at the moment.

Stealth shite, end of.

Google Blackshadow if you want cheaper road disks, only wave pattern made in the UK, around £150.

Sandy bike spares ok if your a road rider, put a set on mates CBR6 after 1 day on the track they were f----d and he then got a used OEM off e-gay.

If your want OEM used

GSXR 600/750 k1-k3 same

GSXR 1000 k1/2 same

TL1000 s/r same

Busa to 06 same

GSX1400 same.

If you see on e-gay used are all £150+ for a very good reason.

The last option I am going for is Harris, they do Brembo 320mm disks on the own carriers which look like Brembo £300.00

Real disks such as PFM and Brembo are £450+

No Experiance of EBC only pads cannot comment.

If you have a GSXR600 SRAD there are sevaral options.

I am to going through this at the moment.

Stealth shite, end of.

Google Blackshadow if you want cheaper road disks, only wave pattern made in the UK, around £150.

Sandy bike spares ok if your a road rider, put a set on mates CBR6 after 1 day on the track they were f----d and he then got a used OEM off e-gay.

If your want OEM used

GSXR 600/750 k1-k3 same

GSXR 1000 k1/2 same

TL1000 s/r same

Busa to 06 same

GSX1400 same.

If you see on e-gay used are all £150+ for a very good reason.

The last option I am going for is Harris, they do Brembo 320mm disks on the own carriers which look like Brembo £300.00

Real disks such as PFM and Brembo are £450+

No Experiance of EBC only pads cannot comment.

The Blackshadow ones are pretty damned good for the money - loads of blokes on the zx-9R.net are running them with no complaints so far - just a shame they only do wave ones.

Stealth are bloody awful

Archived