Cagiva Mito questions

Kayla

Can someone tell me if the wheels from the early (3 spoke) Mito are interchangeable with the later 6 spokes? Are the discs (front and rear) the same? And what about the sprocket carriers? I pretty much want to know if I can mix and match older stuff with newer stuff and I thought it best to ask in here rather than in Workshop.

Thank you for your time :icon_blackeye:

Oh, if anyone knows of a cheap TZR250 1KT or 2MA for sale, let me know please :)

i know the sprocket carriers are different, i have both rear wheels so will compare them later, i don't think they are a straight swap...

Thank you :icon_blackeye:

Erm, can you also tell me if the spindles are the same size please?

the rear wheels are more similar than i thought. The major difference is that the early three spoke hub is wider, and the sprocket carrier drops over the hub and is held by a circlip

mitowheels002.jpg

the later wheel hub is not as wide but the sprocket carrier adds to the width, it is held in place by a stepped wheel spacer

mitowheels004.jpg

The overall width with the sprocket carriers fitted is similar though. The early wheel is 153mm wide, measured between the outer faces of the bearings - although if you look at the first pic you can see that there is room for another bearing in the sprocket carrier, a 12mm wide 6204s bearing would take the width up to 165mm, which is what i measured the later wheel to be.

I should point out that my measuring skills and equipment are only accurate to within a few% :icon_blackeye:

The spindles are both 20mm o/d

Both wheels measure ~140mm between disc and sprocket inner faces

I don't have a rear disc for the early wheel, but it has the same 6 bolt 125mm pcd fitting as the later wheel's disc (~230mm o/d)

The sprockets look as if they are interchangeable

The two wheels i have are surplus to requirements, if you are looking to buy?

disc's are the same,the wheels are interchangable as long as you use the associated sprocket carrier and spacers....

start of the 350 project.....with its original 3 spokers

bikepics-505309-800.jpg

later on with the 6 spokers fitted....

bikepics-599568-800.jpg

they also fit in tzr's/tdr's nicley..... ;)

bikepics-1378384-800.jpg

disc's are the same,the wheels are interchangable as long as you use the associated sprocket carrier and spacers....

Awesome, thank you!

Archived