Knackered needle jets on Mikunis..

svingel

My 1100 WP has now done 65000 miles, and the needle jets are shagged. Anyone know what to use, OE's, Dynojet, Factorypro.....?

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/jetkits/prices-jets-replacement.php

they dont list 1100. my R1 needs them really i was going to get essex performance to order some in for me as i expect he will be able to get them cheaper than i can.

Have you tried Allens?

I'd go that route with Allens myself.

The Dynojet stuff (at least on the 9r) eat the needle jets. In the OEM Keihin's, thats a fucked bank of carbs. You lucky Mikuni people can get new ones off of these people: http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/

Cos the fuelling turns to shit. In practice when u crack the throttle coming out of a corner it can cough and then come back in with a bang, which can be a bit of a bummer when it is wet. It is a rich stumble cos the needle jet is worn.

Cos the fuelling turns to shit. In practice when u crack the throttle coming out of a corner it can cough and then come back in with a bang, which can be a bit of a bummer when it is wet. It is a rich stumble cos the needle jet is worn.

Plus, when really bad, it's possible to start the bike without choke, and fuel economy will suffer.

Plus, when really bad, it's possible to start the bike without choke, and fuel economy will suffer.

Spot on! Doesn't matter whether I'm doing 60 or 120 the result is still 30 mpg.... and the aforemetioned stuttering out a corner :icon_salut: .

just wondering, how do you know when these sort of parts require replacing?

If they look oval, then they're fucked - common problem on oil-cooled gixxers with DJ kits but at least you can replace them (£15 each, mind)

If they look oval, then they're fucked - common problem on oil-cooled gixxers with DJ kits but at least you can replace them (£15 each, mind)

It they look oval, they are way beyond fucked...I've got some 9r carbs where the hole looks ok to the naked eye, but riding it shows they are not.

Archived