riser bars

porter_jamie

After my recent trip to the lovely IOM, it has become clear that my back isn't really up to a sports bike riding position anymore (over long distances)

I don't think i'll sell the R1 though. Has anyone tried a set of these riser bars that Gilles and LSL make? Any comments? Are they just a bit gash really, or do they actually help and sod the looks.

gillesvariobarkit.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

300 notes ffs, thats a bit rude. It's either something like this, or take up milles suggestion of an ST4. Really dont want to sell the R1 cos i love it. Maybe i'll have to squeeze another bike in the garage and pretend i'm looking after it for someone...

Youve also got helibars and variobars as other options...both look better than those IMO

You might want the seat repadded too because you'll be sitting on a different part of your arse and putting more weith through it

For a cheap (free!) mod, you can swap the clip-ons over and turn them upside down whici takes a little weight off your wrists but keeps all of the standard stuff ;) It's a bit of a pain if you have to take the top yoke off, but it's free :D It's easy if the clip-on tubes are removable and you can just swap the clamps over.

For a cheap (free!) mod, you can swap the clip-ons over and turn them upside down whici takes a little weight off your wrists but keeps all of the standard stuff ;) It's a bit of a pain if you have to take the top yoke off, but it's free :D It's easy if the clip-on tubes are removable and you can just swap the clamps over.

good thinking batman, i might try that

Archived