Sticky stuck clutch on Srad

Annaz

The new proud owner of my Srad trackbike left it in his garage over winter, got it out and bolted on 2k worth of goodies, took it to Mallory Park and when running it wouldn't engage gear. When it's turned off the gears are all there to be had :thumbsup:

So we think the clutch is stuck either on or off, I'm not sure coz I wasn't there.

So apart from setting off up the road and revving the bingo wings off it how do we get it free?

Surely you can check if a clutch is engaged or not without even having the engine running: Stick it in gear, squeeze the lever and push it. If it's kinda smooth feeling then your clutch is OK. If you're coming up against resistance every couple of feet (as each cylinder gets compression) then your clutch is stuck. This may not be a very sympathetic way for sorting it, but put your bike with the front wheel facing square on against a wall, engine running and in neutral. Rev it to about 5k rpm, pull the clutch lever in then stomp on the gear lever. Bingo, your clutch is sorted. If may not be good for the box or the clutch plates but once off it can't hurt too much, can it. I know it worked on my old bike that'd been sat for about 2 years, it was all fine after that.

Archived