Oil Level on a millie

badcherrys

As in the title.I having never owned a millie before.How warn to you get it to check the oil? I know it needs to be hot.I ve just checked once it comes of choke.And the water temp was 60 degrees.i didn't ride it just left it ticking over.Does it need to run up the road first to get it to normal temp and then checked?

As in the title.I having never owned a millie before.How warn to you get it to check the oil? I know it needs to be hot.I ve just checked once it comes of choke.And the water temp was 60 degrees.i didn't ride it just left it ticking over.Does it need to run up the road first to get it to normal temp and then checked?

Just after a ride, take a look at the gauge IIRC from the manual....

I presume after it has been left standing maybe some oil drains into the sump and gives a false reading....

Ride it around for a good ten minutes, come back home, leave it running until the fan has cycled on and off twice, with the engine still running hold the bike upright, rev to 3,000 rpm and look at the level in the sight tube....it should be over the minimum line and no higher than half way up, if you over fill the oil will blow out of the breather into the air box and will gum things up.

IIRC Millemille posted a good guide to what can be a tricky procedure.

Mitch

Hah, talk about timing :thumbsup:

Mitch

Ah, the dry sump.

You'll be needing-

5938-new-black-chicken.jpg

DAGGER1.JPG

full_moon.jpg

and one of these-

lucky-pants.jpg

You can swap the thong for some Ys if you need to :thumbsup:

i go for a blast and when i return home leave bike running hold upright a have a look

im sure millemille way is more accurate ,but im fucked if im going to fanny about all morning just to check an oil level :thumbsup:

Ah, the dry sump.

You'll be needing-

5938-new-black-chicken.jpg

DAGGER1.JPG

full_moon.jpg

and one of these-

lucky-pants.jpg

You can swap the thong for some Ys if you need to ;)

I'll stick to the thong thanks Kayla :tumbleweed:

Only thing different with the way I described to yours is running the engine up to 3,000 rpm.

dont worry mille it wasent a dig im just a grumpy old twat , my point was i cant be assed to take the bike out for 10minutes just for the soul purpose of checking the oil level

Archived