954rr pistons in 929rr

diogo

Hi again

this as been a interesting subject, cause I know of a guy that have a set of pistons and conrods from a wrecked 954rr and he wants to give them to me...

the thing is what mods do I need to do in order to make the conversion

I've read about you having to use the 954rr TBs and injectors, also the 954 airbox and some even say that you need to use the 954 petrol tank, no one mentions about the wiring loom or what need to be done internally to the engine in order to make the conversion...

if some of you honda wizards could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

cheers

Diogo

i would guess that you would need to use the barrels from the 54 and have your crank measured to see if the big ends on the conrods are anywhere near, you may be able to use bigger shells or have the crank reground if there is a difference, if you could get more info then im sure there are a few people here who could give you the answers, but without measurements its kinda hard. as for changing the tank? why would you need to do that? if your keeping everything else the same i doubt you would need to change the air box or the throttle bodys, just get it setup properly once youve had the work done.

• 4 weeks later...

after loads of research I actually found a much easier way of getting a few more ponnies out of the engine

so I got the 954rr TB's, injectors and wiring harness (the 954rr injectors have more holes and the TB's are 42mm instead of 40mm and 8 holes for the 929rr) I also got a complete race Leo Vince exhaust system and I'm waiting for a PCIII (I already have a K&N race filter)

Archived