Brembo remote reservoir mounting bracket

Guzzirider

I am upgrading the front brake master cylinder on my Guzzi cafe racer to a 16mm Brembo unit, as used on a Ducati 916 / Guzzi V11.

I have everything I need to fit it, apart from a mounting bracket for the 45mm remote reservoir- done a bit of Googling without much luck- can anyone recommend a good aftermarket source of brackets, or tell me where I can get a new Brembo bracket on its own in the UK?

Cheers

Guy

I've got one of these you can have for a tenner posted, never used. I bought it because it looked a cool way to mount a reservoir, but only found out when I got it that the bolts are offset on brembo and my nissin had the bolts in line. It may be a bit grubby, but it's yours if you want it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys- the reservoir that I have does not have lug moulded onto the side like the one in the eBay pic so I don't think that bracket will suit. Looks as though it is desgined to have some sort of bracket clamped around it.

I'm thinking now whether I ought to splash out and get one of these?

rz_CT027T_Z.jpg

Just have a look at the clearance with the top of the res and the fairing (if you have one). The old goldline Brembo master on my Bimota had a mount point already drilled in it, they were the same as the 916's I think, then you use a long bolt and spacer.

Off beat idea, works on P1 bikes. Take flat sheet (4mm) ally or carbon. Hole saw large hole for resevoir, small hole for steering stem. Flat sheet works as Steering Stem Nut, Plate Washer. Cut sheet to interesting shape. :eusa_wall:

I've got one of these fellas on the track bike. I couldnt find a source in the UK so i bought it from the USA but it was dirt cheap.

Not mine but you get the idea...

dsc01598qn1io9.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys- the reservoir that I have does not have lug moulded onto the side like the one in the eBay pic so I don't think that bracket will suit. Looks as though it is desgined to have some sort of bracket clamped around it.

I'm thinking now whether I ought to splash out and get one of these?

rz_CT027T_Z.jpg

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE PURCHASE A RIZOMA FLUID RESERVOIR!

They're shite and they leak.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice chaps! I ended up buying a Beringer reservoir and bracket from Corsa Italiana. Just took her out for a test ride and the braking has been transformed- amazing what difference an uprated master cylinder can make.

Just noticed that the brake light switches are not compatible- ARSE! The bodging continues.....

39918_481919799815_635879815_6700453_2571577_n.jpg

Archived