TZR 125 fans...

Hendo

Having almost bought one when I was 16 (for my 17th birthday) Im still really hankering after a TZR125.

Seen this one on the 'bay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TZR125-/330449466426...=item4cf052b43a

Problem is I know next to nothing about them (model historys etc).

Can anyone enlighten me and pass on any info they know about this particular bike?

Is it an import?

Anything specific to look for?

TIA

Andy

That one's a later 125R (4HW). It uses a steel swingarm and no linkage, they were an official UK bike and share lots of bodywork and some parts with the TZR250 3XV. I really, really wanted one of them but got the normal TZR125 (which was brill!)

That looks really nice, get it bought :lol: Can I have a go please?

Cheers Kayla, it was one of the older ones that I originally almost bought!

Im not a member on ebay, but my mate is and Ive asked him to fire the seller a few questions regarding imports/service history etc.

Is it reasonably priced do you think?

Are parts still readily avaliable for them?

And them purple wheels would have to go lol...

Andy

Andy

Some of these 125 get a good thrashing and are not maintained to well so if you buy get someone to give it a good service and check things like carb settings these often get played with

they are not one of the most reliable engines so need looking after. apart from that its a good looking bike

He got back to my mate on ebay -

"hi,it was stored as stated in listing for 10 years

so no old mots,there is a few receipts for bits,I

have replaced the piston,rings,small

end,clutch,jets,fuel tap repair kit,it is hpi

clear it was first registered over seas,the clocks

are in mph but were damaged I dont know if the

1500 on the clock is genuine but the bike has not

had 14 years use I also have the old parts I

replaced,for inspection,frame and engine numbers

match the v5,the v5 is present and in my name,the

reason I am selling is due to a knee injury that

is 15 years old,£950 cash on collection bottom offer

this a rare 4hw model and it is worth every penny,

thanks degsy"

Hmm, I really like the bike but Im not really willing to pay £950. Would people say it was fairly priced?

I honestly wouldnt have a clue with the pricing of a bike like this...

Cheers

Andy

I think it's quite resonably priced to be honest, I had one of the earlier ones myself many years ago, cracking bikes and these newer ones look luvely. Buy it up

I think 33bhp is a little optimistic :eusa_dance: Mine never missed a beat in the 11 or so months I had it (and did an indicated 100mph with the pv pegged open!)

He says it was first registered overseas so that does make it an import (check the headlight points the right way if it's from mainland Europe), but they were available here officially so spares shouldn't really be a problem. Offer him £800... :pb2:

Those late TZR125's are probably the nicest learner legal 125's you can buy!

Does anyone know how much the motors changed over the years? Are the TZR125R engines much the same as the old ones?

I would imagine there pretty much the same, if they are then make sure its got the PV motor fitted. Pinning it open is fun but a pain in the arse after a while.

Looks like its been sold as its been taken off ebay. Offered a cheeky £800 and it was knocked back.

Never mind though I dont need it, would just kinda liked to have had it in the garage!

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

Andy

bloody bargain that . assuming it looks in the flesh as did in advert . just needs some proper forks and engine . if it has sat for ten years will probably need cranks seals but not a massive job .

• 4 weeks later...
Its 360miles away from me B)

Cheers Anyways

Andy

So? Get the train down and ride it home. What could possibly go wrong? :thumbsup:

Archived