Black frame

Harry Muff

The black frame on my CBR is wearing in a couple of places and looking a bit shiny. Is there anything in particular I should use to restore it to it's blackness?

Ta.

A carbon fibre frame, eh..? :eusa_whistle:

I'll look into it! :lol:

No no, he means carbon fibre paint. you'll find it on the shelves next to the Tartan stuff. :shock:

I know this is gonna sound daft, but have you tried Black Marker Pen. I've detailed a few bikes for shows and wouldn't be without a selection of colours to knock the wear out of anodised components. Works on thin frame/engine paint as well. Follow up with a liberal shot of Bullshit Spray (Silicone) and you'd be amazed at the results. :D

The black frame on my CBR is wearing in a couple of places and looking a bit shiny. Is there anything in particular I should use to restore it to it's blackness?

Ta.

This is what you need, fella

kiwi_parade_gloss.jpg

look! it's got silicone in it and everything. Just remember, use one brush to apply and another to buff to a shine

HTH

Much appreciated peeps. I shall be giving these ideas a whirl. The frame is a rough finish so no need to buff it up or anything anyway.

Archived