yamaha r6 oil levels

Jowen

Checking the oil on my 2007 r6 , i was told by cmc where i got the bike checking it on the sidestand would be ok..but in the manual it says have the bike straight up. When its on its side the oil shows below min but straight up shows about max...which is the correct reading.? Also how much oil should i expect it to use ? thanks

I would say upright!

Because if the engine is leaning so is the oil!

You are going to need to find out if the engine should be warm or cold?? :eusa_think:

As for oil consumption; manufactures will state that 1 litre in 1000 miles is acceptable;

That's what Yamaha say ( but what would they know )

bike upright and if all else fails RTFM

hth

Checking the oil on my 2007 r6 , i was told by cmc where i got the bike checking it on the sidestand would be ok..but in the manual it says have the bike straight up. When its on its side the oil shows below min but straight up shows about max...which is the correct reading.? Also how much oil should i expect it to use ? thanks

See now theres the problem straight away.

CMC fucking motorcycles. I doubt the staff could find their cocks for a piss. This is the same place that fucked me around trying to get a test ride on a zx6r. First time I turned up it was as flat as fuck, and apparently changing the battery is fucking wayyyyyyyy above the salesmen. Then finally I got my testride, only to find out the bike was on a 33bhp restriction. They didn`t even know. Fucking mongs.

See now theres the problem straight away.

CMC fucking motorcycles.

I worked for 'em as a sales person in Cannock, way back before they went bust and were reborn. They are shit. HTH.

:P

Hmm... CMC in Cannock... where I bought my Fazer from.

Got the best deal off them for px'ing my Blade, but they won't be getting it for a service.

I had a ZX6RJ1 serviced by them 10 years back and the cunt that did it tensioned the chain like a bowstring, but didn't touch the opposite adjuster so the wheel was on the skew. I only realised when I rode out of their yard and nearly dropped the fucker.

If they can't tension a chain properly... would you trust them for anything else???

My GSXR1100 seems to use more oil on relatively short journeys. Im guessing that the Wiseco pistons have larger tolerances than standard pistons and let more oil through past the rings until fully warmed up.

My GSXR1100 seems to use more oil on relatively short journeys. Im guessing that the Wiseco pistons have larger tolerances than standard pistons and let more oil through past the rings until fully warmed up.

My YZF was the same.

I could nail it to the coast and back... not a problem, but bimbling around locally for a week would see Max to Min and a glowing red light in no time. Good excuse to thrape it everywhere then :bdaysmile:

Archived