Speedo error

exuprob

Ive got a '99 R1 4xv and have a quick question regarding speedo error.

Ive changed the standard gearing from 16/43 to 15/45 for a couple of looming trackdays (Mallory and Silverstone) and, although the bike now feels a little frantic and wheelie prone I think it'll be ok for the track but how far out will my speedo read?

Is there an easy way to adjust it (Ive seen ads for speedo healers??) or work out how far it'll be over reading and just get used to it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ive changed the standard gearing from 16/43 to 15/45 for a couple of looming trackdays (Mallory and Silverstone) and, although the bike now feels a little frantic and wheelie prone I think it'll be ok for the track but how far out will my speedo read?

Is there an easy way to adjust it (Ive seen ads for speedo healers??) or work out how far it'll be over reading and just get used to it.

For a given road speed, your clock will be reading 12% faster

so 30mph = 33.6

70 = 78.4

Hi Rob

I've just had a new C&S on my 4XV, I've gone from 16/45 to 15/45

it was a bit out before, with +2 on the rear, but now it's quite a way out.

Haven't had chance to check properly but next week while I'm away I'll be running a GPS alongside so will check the difference.

I think I'll be buying a speedo healer when I get back...

Archived