Scott Oiler

DinoB

Hi Guys hope you can help

My oiler has two settings

Won't work at all

OR

Will drip until empty regardless if the bike is running or not

Its fitted to a 97 TLS in the horizontal position

Have cleaned the RMV and even tried plugging the breather tube from the filler plug.

I have a vacum from the machine when running and there are not blockages and seems to prime AOK ( after priming the dial is wound back to the minimum )

Any IDEAS ??????

Hi Guys hope you can help

My oiler has two settings

Won't work at all

OR

Will drip until empty regardless if the bike is running or not

Its fitted to a 97 TLS in the horizontal position

Have cleaned the RMV and even tried plugging the breather tube from the filler plug.

I have a vacum from the machine when running and there are not blockages and seems to prime AOK ( after priming the dial is wound back to the minimum )

Any IDEAS ??????

it's old and pissing itself?

If the RMV is old, it could be the return spring is weak, and isn't closing properly when not under vacuum, which will allow oil to continue to flow.

I've found that mine [now 10+ years old] is quite sensitive to the flow setting, it took a bit of trial and error to get it 'just right' so the chain is nicely oiled without there being any overspill.

Also found mine works much better on the red 'high temperature' oil which is faster flowing than the blue - apparently the red stuff works better in older RMV's for some reason.

other than that, can only suggest you speak to Scottoiler direct - their customer service is usually very good - and see what they say.

Archived