Mirror glass

fran9r

Any ideas? I was hoping something I can cut to a template then glue on.

Edit -or a plastic type stuff. I know what I mean...

Halfords do a range of car ones. They also special order in ones that aren't kept in store (uncommon cars) get them to ring the suppliers and see if they do ones for bikes. Failing that I think they can get them made if you supply a template. Shouldn't be more than a tenner, although you could probably get a whole mirror delivered from ebay for the same amount.

Halfords do a range of car ones. They also special order in ones that aren't kept in store (uncommon cars) get them to ring the suppliers and see if they do ones for bikes. Failing that I think they can get them made if you supply a template. Shouldn't be more than a tenner, although you could probably get a whole mirror delivered from ebay for the same amount.

Good idea! Except these don't appear on ebay, but I'll try that.

If you buy a glass cutting tool, you can cut your own out of a piece of mirror. We do this at work ( work in toolroom, in factory that makes mirrors for cars)

Draw/trace the shape you want on apiece of paper, cut this out with a pair of scissors. Lay the paper shape onto the mirror to be cut. Using a marker pen, "scribble over the paper pattern and onto the mirror (make sure the marker pen is not a drywipe board pen!). Remove pattern and you will be left with the shape you need to cut on the mirror. Using recently purchased glass cutter, carefully cut around the shape. Once complete using a pair of pliers break off the bits you don't want. Careful not to cut yourself it hurts and blood goes everywhere. Using some 180 grit wet dry paper and water, smooth off yhe rough edges and small parts you couldnt cut. Lay the wet dry paper onto a flat surface ie your best dining table etc. It takes a bit of time but it do work.

Alternatively buy a new mirror if you cant be arsed

Paul

If you buy a glass cutting tool, you can cut your own out of a piece of mirror. We do this at work ( work in toolroom, in factory that makes mirrors for cars)

Draw/trace the shape you want on apiece of paper, cut this out with a pair of scissors. Lay the paper shape onto the mirror to be cut. Using a marker pen, "scribble over the paper pattern and onto the mirror (make sure the marker pen is not a drywipe board pen!). Remove pattern and you will be left with the shape you need to cut on the mirror. Using recently purchased glass cutter, carefully cut around the shape. Once complete using a pair of pliers break off the bits you don't want. Careful not to cut yourself it hurts and blood goes everywhere. Using some 180 grit wet dry paper and water, smooth off yhe rough edges and small parts you couldnt cut. Lay the wet dry paper onto a flat surface ie your best dining table etc. It takes a bit of time but it do work.

Alternatively buy a new mirror if you cant be arsed

Paul

Hmm, something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DRAPER-Diamond-Tippe...=item5d29b98234

Then I just need a mirror for the material? Literally a bathroom mirror or something?

Thats great, you may have saved me some money!

Archived